ok so I am the jealous one

phantom1976

First off hi all, new here. I'm a guy in a relationship with a girl for almost a year (Next month it'll be a year) And I have a problem that is putting a lot of stress on our relationship. Problem is that I'm very jealous, to the point where if she looks at a guy I ask 50 questions about what she thought about him, was he good looking and blah blah blah. :o I hate feeling this way, I have no reason to suspect she has ever been anything but faithful to me and yet here I am treating her this way!. She has pretty much no friends because of the way I question her if she were to go out with them even for a coffee and I know she deserves so much better and I'm just scared she'll find it somewhere else. I'm going to bring this up tonight with my counselor since there is now a guy working at the same place my girl friend works at and I don't want her to feel like she's going to have to go throw this question and answer session each time after work.. Any help ?

Thanks

lovestruck234

You have an insecurity issue....and don't we all!!

One word: TRUST. I know you right now you feel you do trust her, but you just can't help worrying....

There's one thing to be protective, there's another thing to be obsessive. And protective's cute, obsessive's scary.

By the sounds of things, she hasn't done anything to kill your trust at the moment, and being in a long term relationship that you guys are in right now, I'd say that won't change any time soon.

Talk to HER about it instead of a counsellor! If you tell her how you feel, she MIGHT understand and offer helping you get over this burning problem. Girls are pretty understanding and open-minded, she won't bite your head off or anything for it! ;)

If she's been with you for a year, then she's pretty serious about you, loves you, and isn't out looking for someone else, TRUST me!

Give it a go, cos there's nothing worse than having that constant knot in your stomach, and trust me, I still have that knot!!!!

where the girl cheated on you. If so, that's what you need to deal with in therapy. It's hard to overcome being betrayed and being able to trust again. If you can let go of that, you can open yourself up for love in your life. Just dive in and trust her. The only thing that can happen is that you get hurt again. And then you just pick yourself up again. Good luck and god bless:D