Why does this coworker of mine stand so close to me?

I've been working at this bar for 5 months now, and this one girl who works for me is giving me blue balls.

I know I shouldn't be getting involved with girls at work, so I've been repressing these feelings.

Whenever we work together - which is two times a week, usually - I will be stocking up the fridges and she'll come over to me and literally stand 2 cm from my face. Her crotch is almost in my face, no joke.

If I'm putting glasses on the shelves near her, she won't move out the way, even if I touch her.

She tries to talk to me all the time to, and whenever she comes to the break area, she'll be talking to herself lol

• 2 weeks later...
PrincessPeach

Some people have less personal-space-awareness than others. Does she stand very close to other people as well or is it just you?

Does she try to talk to everyone at work all the time, or just you?

• Like 1
Her crotch is almost in my face, no joke.

Perhaps you should say "ugh! What died?!?!?" really loud when she does that?

Standing with her crotch in your face and not moving out of the way when asked to is no different than some guy standing close enough with his penis in a female coworker's face. She is that company's liability.

...she won't move out the way, even if I touch her.

Do you tell her to move?

Would be nice to know if I should avoid her or tell her directly I’m not interested

If you're not interested, then you're going to have to be unmistakably clear with her that you're not interested and to stop invading your personal space.

But seriously? What she is doing is a form of sexual harassment. Try to get it on video so you have proof of this happening when you complain to your boss about it.

Edited by kendahke
  • Like 2

When her Crotch is right next to your face, you look up at her and say "Gee , your hair smells terrific!"

Problem solved. Sure you might get kicked in the face or sued for sexual harassment..but at least she wont be standing so close to you anymore.

• Like 2
She's just a barmaid.

I love Bar maids. They are usually uninhibited, which can be good or bad. Freak between the sheets usually calls for a double latex wrap, but tha'ts just me.

Is it avoidable? I mean, some bars are really close quarters so sometimes being that close can't be helped.

That being said, it might be worth just saying it straight - it's making you uncomfortable and she needs to give you a little more space. If she continues then that's harassment.

Is it avoidable? I mean, some bars are really close quarters so sometimes being that close can't be helped.

That being said, it might be worth just saying it straight - it's making you uncomfortable and she needs to give you a little more space. If she continues then that's harassment.

Harassment verses flirting.

Depends.

Not attractive or attractive.

I've worked at a club and a restaurant. So much fraternizing, sleeping with the boss, sex in the bathroom, extra marital affairs, banging in their car after work and all that crap going on. My husband installs audio/video/security at restaurant/bars, he gets to hear stories about the staff from the owner. Nothing has changed in 30 years.