LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

My girlfriend invited my friend for sleepover??

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2018, 11:52 AM   #31
Established Member

What will the friend gain by telling you? they have an interest in one of the parties in involved?

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 1:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyathinkso View Post
Yes, how exactly did your mutual friend know about this long before you did? And exactly why did he not clue you in on this a long time ago? Sketchy bunch of people you got in your life.

Maybe it's time for a move and a new start.
Im not sure how long he knew or why he waited so long to tell me.
Theonlyone92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 1:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
What will the friend gain by telling you? they have an interest in one of the parties in involved?
What do you mean??
Old 25th January 2018, 3:22 PM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyathinkso View Post
Yes, how exactly did your mutual friend know about this long before you did? And exactly why did he not clue you in on this a long time ago?

The short answer will probably be that OP's friend either drunkenly or in a moment of manic guilt, told the other friend that he banged OP's GF. Probably not very long ago was he told either.

Perhaps friend felt very upset at the details of the story and decided he was not going to be party to such a poor secret.

If people are around here long enough, they've seen the above template on MULTIPLE occasions.

I think that is the saddest part of the stories that come through the subforum like this: We've all heard the Cheaters Handbook script responses so many times we already know how a convo between the principals probably went down word for word. And as a result we pretty much can predict with a high degree of accuracy what will be the end result before it has even happened.

And this is all because there is little to no variance in how these episodes unfold. That is why it is always rare that someone can take a secret like this to their grave.

People need to be encouraged they are not doing something with bad intent so they will literally always tell a third party in a moment of having a small pang of guilt. Thus, eventually they will be discovered or spill the beans out of regret. That does not make the pain of this farce any less.

OP will probably discover that more people in fact knew and knowingly didn't tell him out of not wanting to get involved. So he'll have to decide whether these are friendship a breakers as well.

Infidelity is a gift that keeps on giving...
Old 25th January 2018, 7:12 PM   #35

I dont know how everyone else feels about it but for me, any friends that chooses not to tell you because they dont want to " get involved " or " stay out of it its none of my business " are only adding to the problem. By " keeping out if it " theyre basically helping you to get cheated on. Snd im pretty sure they realize tgat to a degree. By keeping quiet youre allowing the deciet to continue undetected.

To be blunt: As long as you dont tell the person thats being cheated on , you are NOT doing the person any favors AT ALL. Youre benefiting the CHEATER not the CHEATEE. There is NOTHING positive about watching your friend walk around blindly.
Old 25th January 2018, 7:14 PM   #36
Established Member

Hey, ya got that right.
doyathinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 7:19 PM   #37
Established Member

go NC on both of them.

It is good that you are not married to her and have kids with her.

Start dating someone else.

Run, you get out before you get her pregnant.

You think she would not try to trap you? She lied to you every day for the last year.
harrybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 12:22 AM   #38
Established Member

If she can lie to you for a couple of years she can do a lot worse. The onus is on her to prove nothing happened, it is not up to you to prove that they did. If she is unwilling to prove it to your satisfaction, get rid of her. Since when is protecting a secret with a supposed friend of yours more important then your relationship? Get rid of the pretend friend too.
aliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 6:42 AM   #39
Established Member

The reality of things is that the process of dating and courtship is actually a prolonged job interview for the position of spouse, life partner, mother of your children, etc. etc.

With this betrayal of you, with her long term dishonesty to you, with these things alone she has now failed the interview. She has now disqualified herself from the prospective position of spouse.

Time to let this one go and move on to new possibilities.

Onwards and upwards.
Old 26th January 2018, 7:35 AM   #40
Established Member

Glass half empty: oh man she cheated on me, and with my buddy

Glass half full: hell yeah now I did NOT burn years with these two infecting my life, possibly marrying and having kids with someone so unworthy.

It's much easier to say have a good life I'm out, at this point. A better woman is just over the horizon, I guarantee it, not hard to top this one.
DKT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 12:25 PM   #41
Established Member

Dude, if you believe that nothing happened, then I have ocean front property to else you in Arizona.......
Chi townD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 3:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi townD View Post
Dude, if you believe that nothing happened, then I have ocean front property to else you in Arizona.......
Bout to pay him a visit.
Old 26th January 2018, 3:31 PM   #43
Established Member

Keep your hands up to block. Don't worry about the jab just watch for the hook. And keep punching!
Old 26th January 2018, 3:36 PM   #44
Established Member

Oh, and don't focus on the head. Just go for the body. Kill the body and head goes down too.

George Chuvalo was the hero of my youth. He was the inspiration for the movie Rocky. First guy to go the distance with Ali. And the second. Oh, and he's still around and still lucid.

Last edited by doyathinkso; 26th January 2018 at 3:39 PM..
Old 28th January 2018, 5:16 PM   #45
Established Member

Hey! So how'd it go, eh?

Get some resolution?