My boss's wife.

So, I'm new to all of this please bare with me through the long post.

I've been in my job for about 2 years now, happily taken and a stray thought never crossed my mind. Over the last month or so I've noticed that my boss's wife and I have become extremely close. Close to the point she's telling me about their sex life, how badly he treats her, how many affairs he had. Now, I'm not one to judge. I'd like to see myself as a down to earth guy who anyone can confide in.

Lately it's becoming more and more, the sexual innuendoes, showing/telling me about her 'toys', texting me at all hours. Now, I've always found her to be extremely attractive in every sense of the word and most of me wants to pursue it.

But deep down inside I feel guilty, we've never done anything other than flirt and say dirty things to each other but I have this sinking feeling inside me.

Can anyone shed some light on my situation? Or has anyone been in my situation?

Cheers

Not sure what you're looking for here? You're asking if you should cheat with your boss's wife or not?

I have to say it would be one of the most stupid things you could possibly do. You will lose not only your relationship but your job as well. If you're looking to throw your entire life into disarray then this is probably one of the most efficient ways to do it.

If you value your job and/or your relationship then you should stop this fooling around right now. But you don't need anyone to tell you that, it's so obvious, you already know it. So like I said I'm not sure what advice you're looking for here?

• Like 2

Ummm. Yeah. What Pete said. So you are in an exclusive relationship and you're asking if you should sleep with your boss' wife? Dude! If you don't know the answer to that....................:confused:

I've been in my job for about 2 years now, happily taken and a stray thought never crossed my mind. Over the last month or so I've noticed that my boss's wife and I have become extremely close. Close to the point she's telling me about their sex life, how badly he treats her, how many affairs he had. Now, I'm not one to judge. I'd like to see myself as a down to earth guy who anyone can confide in.

Lately it's becoming more and more, the sexual innuendoes, showing/telling me about her 'toys', texting me at all hours. Now, I've always found her to be extremely attractive in every sense of the word and most of me wants to pursue it.

But deep down inside I feel guilty, we've never done anything other than flirt and say dirty things to each other but I have this sinking feeling inside me.

Cheers

Don't let yourself think you are that knight in shining armor that is going to be save her from her marraige or her life -- she is the only one that can do that -- if she even wants to be saved. Some people just have the relationship they have and it looks strange from the outside by an outsider -- but they are actually very much in sync and in click with each other.

It sound like maybe she wants to sleep with you. Not many women are gonna want to talk about their sex life and sex toys with random guys. It sound like maybe they are in an open marriage and sleep around. Just my guess.

If you want to keep your job you should tell your boss's stupid wife to back up and stop being inappropriate. I can't believe you went along with this.

• Like 1

This woman seems to have poor boundaries. Telling her husband's subordinates intimate details is bad. Should couldn't have found a more appropriate confidant?

Because I have concerns about her judgment I would not be direct with her. I'd ease my way out of interacting with her. When she starts to talk to you about taboo subjects, change the subject or exit the conversation. You don't want to piss her off to the point where she starts doing things to undermine you at work to possibly persuade your boss to fire you. Tread lightly / diplomatically but polish off your resume just in case.

I hope your CV is current because I have a feeling that you will be looking for another job soon... I can't believe you entertained her attention either...

• Like 1

Cheers

Just read your own post again and you have your answer.

It isn't Rocket Science, it's common sense...you don't crap where you eat. Do you really think this a sensible exercise?

It's your boss's wife. You are in an Emotional Affair already. Best to knock it off before you get your block knocked off by your boss.

Incidentally if you don't think anyone else hasn't noticed at work, you'd be wrong. You are communicating dirty stuff to your boss's wife. You will be discovered eventually, because neither of you sound like you are smart enough to either stop it or not be blatantly obvious at work.

But hey,what do I know?

I know enough to guarantee you that going down this road, although currently a pleasurable distraction, will culminate with you losing your job, your ass kicked at the workplace, or probably both.

I am giving you a worst case scenario because bosses usually possess the power to ruin somebody's life when they mess around with their spouses. You need to shut this down T.O.D.A.Y.

If you want to keep your job you should tell your boss's stupid wife to back up and stop being inappropriate. I can't believe you went along with this.

I can. Just peruse the OM/OW subforum. The force of Selfish Stupidity is very strong there. Frankly I believe they deserve everything they get and more. So hopefully OP will learn a very valuable lesson when he is eating a Hot Bowl of Steam 3 times a day because he can't get a job as his employment pegged him as a Harasser.

Because once OP and the Boss's wife get caught(which they will) She'll throw him under the bus in a New York Minute. She isn't going to allow her world to be blown up over some errand boy in the mailroom she is sexting with.

OP will be lucky to get a job selling Steak Knives door to door when HR is done with him...lol

• Like 1

omg...you can't see it? The boss's wife is grooming you for an affair. I'm sure this isn't her first rodeo. dude she is manipulating you...and I bet money on it most of what she is saying is bs. You need to stop being the guy that people can confide in. this is inappropriate to get this personal with someone you have a working relationship with. Your wife would lose her sh*& if she knew what you were doing. You should have put the brakes on a long time ago.

I suggest you either get a new job, report it to HR if you have one, or do the slow fade and lose contact with her as much as possible. I suspect she is a trouble maker and she will kick up a fuss accusing you of sexual harassment.

• Like 1
omg...you can't see it? The boss's wife is grooming you for an affair. I'm sure this isn't her first rodeo. dude she is manipulating you...and I bet money on it most of what she is saying is bs. You need to stop being the guy that people can confide in. this is inappropriate to get this personal with someone you have a working relationship with. Your wife would lose her sh*& if she knew what you were doing. You should have put the brakes on a long time ago.

I suggest you either get a new job, report it to HR if you have one, or do the slow fade and lose contact with her as much as possible. I suspect she is a trouble maker and she will kick up a fuss accusing you of sexual harassment.

OMG :lmao: - exactly that. She's buttering the way to sexual harassment accusation - OP will not only be fired, but his career will be smashed for good. I won't be shocked if the boss is part taking with the wifey if he wants to fire OP but has no good reason...

Do you really think you should make a post about whether this is appropriate or not?

What part of any of this do you think would be a good idea?