LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Cheating ex girlfriend wants to know if I'm dating?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2017, 1:46 PM   #1

Cheating ex girlfriend wants to know if I'm dating?

Today my ex reminded me it's our anniversary and she was asking me if I'm ok and we were talking about our past together then she asked if I met a special girl yet I said I didn't want to answer it if she didn't mind then she asked again I said I didn't want to bring up then she said lmao Jesus ok then we continue to talk to she said she had to go and she'll hit me up later I wonder why she wants to know if I'm dating if she doesn't want me
Jamesosolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 1:49 PM   #2
Established Member

It's an ego thing, OP. It's not a reflection of how she feels about you, but how she feels about herself and her ability to keep her ego intact by imagining you still want her.

Stop talking to her. It's not helping you and if she cheated on you, she has no respect for you anyway.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 1:53 PM   #3
Established Member

Cheaters really enjoy cheating with other cheaters. If you had someone else, she would hook up with you.
Simple Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 2:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
It's an ego thing, OP. It's not a reflection of how she feels about you, but how she feels about herself and her ability to keep her ego intact by imagining you still want her.

Stop talking to her. It's not helping you and if she cheated on you, she has no respect for you anyway.
Well today is our anniversary so idk why she wants her ego stroked if she has so many options
Old 17th December 2017, 2:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Logic View Post
Cheaters really enjoy cheating with other cheaters. If you had someone else, she would hook up with you.
Even if she didn't want me? I know she moved on maybe she wants to be friends or its guilt
Old 17th December 2017, 2:09 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesosolo View Post
Well today is our anniversary so idk why she wants her ego stroked if she has so many options
That isn't the point, exactly.

The point is that she likes knowing you're still available to her, should she choose to come back. You're Plan B.
smackie9 likes this.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 2:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
That isn't the point, exactly.

The point is that she likes knowing you're still available to her, should she choose to come back. You're Plan B.
Well she always says we are never getting back together or she feels we are better not together or its something holding her back so I'm guessing it's a ego thing it sucks cause how nice she is I thought u genuinely cared this time
Old 17th December 2017, 4:09 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Today my ex reminded me it's our anniversary and she was asking me if I'm ok and we were talking about our past together then she asked if I met a special girl yet I said I didn't want to answer it if she didn't mind then she asked again I said I didn't want to bring up then she said lmao Jesus ok then we continue to talk to she said she had to go and she'll hit me up later I wonder why she wants to know if I'm dating if she doesn't want me

Why in the hell are you even in contact with this woman? She cheated on you!

You are only pain shopping and prolonging your own grief by allowing contact.

She is an ex for a reason...because she is a cheater. If someone attacked you and stabbed you in the back do you really think it wise to remain in any contact with them? Maybe exchange Xmas cards? What the hell is wrong with you?
Come on man...get hold of yourself.. If you allow this to continue, the only person you will be able to blame is yourself.

No Contact means no new hurts. Block her and cease any and a contact with her.

Don't be spineless and think you can be friends with her. You should avoid her like a fart in a truck stop bathroom. Because that's all she is and all she should ever be to you...a fart in a truckstop
Old 17th December 2017, 4:11 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
I thought u genuinely cared this time

Uh no...she cares only that she can get into your head and make you as miserable as she obviously is.

This is all on you
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 4:16 PM   #10
Established Member

Definitely wants something. IMHO she probably wants to know if your single, because if she's single then she'll feel ok.
FastHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2017, 6:24 PM   #11
Established Member

You should cease contact with her. She wants to know that your single and miserable.
smackie9 and usa1ah like this.
Old 17th December 2017, 6:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandylee1 View Post
You should cease contact with her. She wants to know that your single and miserable.
Damn this is crazy guys like fr I needed to hear this ive been battling to move on but keeping my feelings in is so hard not having no where to vent
Old 17th December 2017, 6:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastHands View Post
Definitely wants something. IMHO she probably wants to know if your single, because if she's single then she'll feel ok.
I'm sure she is not she is very beautiful and has a lot of options I'm sure she doesn't need me
Old 17th December 2017, 6:56 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
I'm sure she is not she is very beautiful and has a lot of options I'm sure she doesn't need me
When people are feeling lonely, when there is a lull in their relationship, some will go back to the ones they've dumped or cheated on to find some solace. They don't really want to get back together as they have made no effort to signal that reconciliation is a desire. Yes, ego, yes, loneliness and yes, sometimes, finding some satisfaction that you, too, are in some pain in regards to relationships. The holidays, especially, can bring up such feelings.
Old 17th December 2017, 7:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleNfit View Post
When people are feeling lonely, when there is a lull in their relationship, some will go back to the ones they've dumped or cheated on to find some solace. They don't really want to get back together as they have made no effort to signal that reconciliation is a desire. Yes, ego, yes, loneliness and yes, sometimes, finding some satisfaction that you, too, are in some pain in regards to relationships. The holidays, especially, can bring up such feelings.
Yea our anniversary Christmas and her birthday all in one month this is so painful for me