LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Jealous of friend dating

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By todreaminblue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2017, 10:22 PM   #1

Jealous of friend dating

I recently got out of a relationship (about 2 months ago) and have a huge crush on a really close friend of mine. Problem is, he just started dating someone (of course...). I know I can't really do anything to "fix" that, but I need to figure out how to not go crazy. I am attempting to date, but under it all, I want to be with him. He has expressed interest in dating, but doesn't want to be a rebound. But I drive myself crazy with thoughts of them evolving into a long term thing, falling in love, etc in the meantime. So jealous. I need some perspective!
lastonestanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 10:46 PM   #2
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
i believe in if things were meant to happen they happen and jealousy doesnt help that process.....he may develop a long term bond with someone else.....at spoem point you realise that's the way its meant to be and even though it hurts you wish them well...because you really do want to see that person happy.....thats truly caring for someone...is when you want their happiness...over your own self ....developing this mindset takes time and heartache.....self analysis

who knows if you do date others you just may find someone who suits you more than he could.....i wish you well...deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
He has expressed interest in dating, but doesn't want to be a rebound.
This is a cop-out. If he really was interested in you he wouldn't even care, he would just take things a little slow.

You are not missing out on any opportunity with him.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:36 AM   #4
Established Member

Be gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeticiaTit View Post
Please go bother somebody that cares that you have "Tit" in your screen name
Old 10th November 2017, 11:43 AM   #5

There isn't a way to not go crazy.

I would step back and ask yourself how much you would want to date him, if he wasn't getting into a relationship. I know it sounds trivial, but often times, when someone we once could have is suddenly unavailable, they become more attractive to us.

If he was genuinely interested in dating, he wouldn't have found someone else. I'm not saying he isn't, because he could be. What I'm saying is, his intentions may not be completely genuine if he expressed interest and then suddenly got into another relationship.

Just be cautious. Try to let it go. If you two are meant to be, you will be.
Old 19th November 2017, 11:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretoh3lp View Post
There isn't a way to not go crazy.

I would step back and ask yourself how much you would want to date him, if he wasn't getting into a relationship. I know it sounds trivial, but often times, when someone we once could have is suddenly unavailable, they become more attractive to us.

If he was genuinely interested in dating, he wouldn't have found someone else. I'm not saying he isn't, because he could be. What I'm saying is, his intentions may not be completely genuine if he expressed interest and then suddenly got into another relationship.

Just be cautious. Try to let it go. If you two are meant to be, you will be.
Well the order was a little reversed. He started dating her before we actually had "the talk". It was was spurred me to actually bring it up. He is also friends with my ex, so I do believe his reasons, but I am just still fearful that his current relationship will develop into something in the meantime. Although it already seems a little hot and cold at this point.

Your first point is a good one... I do try to step back and think about it.
lastonestanding is offline   Reply With Quote