Instagram likes

Notsurewhat83

Now, does it bother you when your partner likes Instagram posts?

I dont get uneasy often but there's something really bothering me about the constant likes on this 1 guys posts from her work. He is married and has kids but all he posts are gym photos, topless photos and pictures with his children.

Now my partner likes EVERY SINGLE ONE!! I know I'm possibly overreacting but why does this bother me so much??

She doesn't comment on them and he works in an office 100 miles away from her but it bothers me that she says she's rarely on Instagram yet his photos may have 5 or 6 likes and 1 of them is always my partner. She isn't a serial liker either. Her friends profiles she hardly ever likes their stuff. She does like mine but not all of them. I dont want to bring it up and look pathetic but it really is getting to me that the moment he uploads one she's practically the 1st to like it and he likes all her selfie photos too. He never likes the ones of me and her it's always her and her family or her alone. Never us 2.

MajesticUnicorn

I have such mixed feelings about this. The role that social media plays in our lives is so sad honestly, especially when it comes to relationships.

I used to freak out over the pictures that my ex's would like on Instagram.

With ex #1, I now realize I was stupid for being so invested in the pictures he liked. Sure, maybe he was liking pictures that girls posted, and maybe that annoyed me when they were selfies of really pretty girls....but it never lead to anything except me looking unnecessarily jealous, distrusting, and insecure.

With ex #2, he would like tons of pictures of girls ALL the time, and of course all of the pictures were them in bikinis, in revealing clothes going clubbing, etc. It would be one thing if it was random instagram models, but it was always girls that went to the same university as us.....so sketchy. I called him out for it, and he said he would stop and did for the most part. This relationship was short lived because *huge surprise* he was a major player.

It's hard to say whether liking posts on Instagram is a cause for concern or not. From my two cases above, you can see that it differs from situation to situation. My solution for this because I used to be way too caught up with it is to put my phone down, and stop incessantly checking up on what my partner or crush or whoever is up to on social media. Most of the time it's mindless liking.

• Author
Notsurewhat83

It just bothers me that Its every photo. It wouldn't be bad if it was the odd one but it's like she's going out her way to like them all. Its also odd that they used to be friends on Facebook back in 2015 2016 when she was with her ex but now they aren't. Makes me wonder if something happened while with the ex that he alsp didn't like so asked her to delete him

Get ahold of her phone, or find the one she used during that time and run a forensic analysis of the data it may contain. Texts may still be there even if she deleted them. Honestly, it sounds like this was an old sex partner, and possibly a guy she was cheating with while she was with her ex. If there is that type of dynamic going on, don't be too surprised if it never really ended, and yes, they are still seeing each other...100 miles is just a 2 hour drive - a 4 hour investment of time for wild monkey sex, so yeah, it's possible.

• Like 2
It just bothers me that Its every photo. It wouldn't be bad if it was the odd one but it's like she's going out her way to like them all. Its also odd that they used to be friends on Facebook back in 2015 2016 when she was with her ex but now they aren't. Makes me wonder if something happened while with the ex that he alsp didn't like so asked her to delete him

Because she got caught cheating on her ex with this same

OM. All that changed is her ability to hide him better.

Dump her. She is hiding. When there is the need to hide

things from your partner that is a bad sign.

I had to go back and read your other threads after Darren Steez said all the threads are one problem...the Girlfriend.

Having read all of the threads and your replies, I just want to say that you place far too much credence on people's online activities. She likes all this guy's pictures because she really likes him. End of Story.

Now understand you are in your late 20's, but remember you are an adult and not 15 year old pimple face.

Either your GF wants a dream career you can;t wrap your head around, or some other drama that comes down the pike.

So I am going to say exactly what I would tell anyone in your position:

Life is too short to waste your time dealing with such low drama. It is painfully obvious that this chick and you are not a good march. She will always give you heartburn regardless of what she does, and she will eventually lash out at you and scream that you are smothering her.

It will not matter who is right or wrong, it will just happen.

So prevent that and the drama associated with that by making a clean break this very day and seek some counseling in order to deal with your insecurity issues. You and her are at Cross Purposes. It is about as good as it's gonna get.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but you are only delaying the obvious by remaining in this relationship.