LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Can someone tell me I'm doing something wrong


Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree15Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2017, 2:01 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Can someone tell me I'm doing something wrong

Hey y'all.

Co-worker and I flirt A LOT at work. Our conversations eventually led to revealing that we wanted to sleep with each other but we do not want to physically cheat. After a while, we decided to stop talking because we didn't want to hurt our spouses but even after that we still end up continuing our conversations. I have some feelings for her but honestly I think it's just purely sexual, knowing that she's attainable because of our shared interest but at the same time she's unattainable due to her being married but I'm sure eventually we'll both get tired of whatever is going on between us and it will just fade away.

I know I'm messed up and I feel guilty about what I've been doing (it's wrong in different levels) but I don't want to hurt my spouse either. Should I just carry this secret for as long as I can, knowing that this will all fade away sooner or later? Is this considered as an emotional affair?
abcdalpha1235 is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 8:11 AM   #2
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,926
Yes it is an EA so you are cheating.

You have gone past the friendly banter with a co-worker
to just be social able.

You need to stop before it becomes physical.
road is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 8:29 AM   #3
Established Member
 
1966Seahorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In a Land of Rainbows & Unicorns
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Yes it is an EA so you are cheating.

You have gone past the friendly banter with a co-worker
to just be social able.

You need to stop before it becomes physical.
^^^ Yep this ^^^
1966Seahorse is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 10:20 AM   #4
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 11,866
Just stop doing it. You are already cheating. Obviously there are issues that have led you to this emotional cheating. Make improving your marriage your number one priority....you will be much happier for it.
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 10:26 AM   #5
Established Member
 
KBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: 'berta
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Just stop doing it. You are already cheating. Obviously there are issues that have led you to this emotional cheating. Make improving your marriage your number one priority....you will be much happier for it.
Exactly. Since you didn't do anything physical and you seem genuinely remorseful I don't think you need to tell her, but you definitely need to make it up to her by not talking to this woman anymore (not just letting it fade away), never flirting like this with any other woman again, and working hard to get your woman back on track as number one in your mind. You definitely owe that to her.
smackie9 likes this.
KBob is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 5:35 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Space Ritual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdalpha1235 View Post
Hey y'all.

Co-worker and I flirt A LOT at work. Our conversations eventually led to revealing that we wanted to sleep with each other but we do not want to physically cheat. After a while, we decided to stop talking because we didn't want to hurt our spouses but even after that we still end up continuing our conversations. I have some feelings for her but honestly I think it's just purely sexual, knowing that she's attainable because of our shared interest but at the same time she's unattainable due to her being married but I'm sure eventually we'll both get tired of whatever is going on between us and it will just fade away.

I know I'm messed up and I feel guilty about what I've been doing (it's wrong in different levels) but I don't want to hurt my spouse either. Should I just carry this secret for as long as I can, knowing that this will all fade away sooner or later? Is this considered as an emotional affair?
So you want somebody to tell you that you are doing something wrong?

Really?

It's staring you right in front of your face. Either you are 16 or you are in the throes of an emotional affair.

You already know the answers to your questions.
You took vows, What do they mean to you?

Grow Up, please.

Are you for real?
smackie9 likes this.
__________________
The measure of a person is not based upon the words that they speak, but upon the choices that they make.
If they keep stabbing you in the back, then quit handing them the knife.
Space Ritual is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 5:37 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Space Ritual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBob View Post
Exactly. Since you didn't do anything physical and you seem genuinely remorseful I don't think you need to tell her, but you definitely need to make it up to her by not talking to this woman anymore (not just letting it fade away), never flirting like this with any other woman again, and working hard to get your woman back on track as number one in your mind. You definitely owe that to her.
It's his coworker. Going no contact is about as likely As Foghat winning a Grammy.
smackie9 likes this.
Space Ritual is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 6:43 PM   #8
Established Member
 
darkmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,588
her husband might find out unless you stop

her home life must suck, she needs to sort out her marriage, tell her to, she must leave you alone

you could get into a lot of trouble over a crush
darkmoon is offline  
Old 25th October 2017, 8:03 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 35
OP, I can really relate because I'm going through the same thing right now myself. In my case, my bf already knows about it. And based on my experience, I honestly would recommend just keeping this in the closet. If you know it's going to stop, then I wouldn't open up a can of worms. After my recent experience, I've come to appreciate the old saying 'what they don't know won't hurt them'.

I know people will say that's not being completely honest, and it isn't, but sometimes what is more important in a relationship is protecting your partner's feelings. For example, if your gf asks you how she looks, and she looks awful, do you tell her that? Of course not. You say something nice. And I think the same thing applies in this situation. Telling her about this would almost be cruel. It would cause her to worry to no end, and it could even destroy your relationship. I know in my own case, I feel I could have spared both of us a lot of heartache and stress if I had just kept the flirting behind his back.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Good luck!
snowbird7 is offline  
Old 26th October 2017, 9:16 AM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird7 View Post
based on my experience, I honestly would recommend just keeping this in the closet. After my recent experience, I've come to appreciate the old saying 'what they don't know won't hurt them'.

I know people will say that's not being completely honest, and it isn't, but sometimes what is more important in a relationship is protecting your partner's feelings. Telling her about this would almost be cruel. It would cause her to worry to no end, and it could even destroy your relationship.
Are you for real? The lack of accountability is unbelievable.

What about honesty, trust, and integrity as a person and in your relationship?

If you are in a relationship, have some respect for your partner and don't flirt with other people. If you don't have the self control not to flirt with other people, then you shouldn't be in a relationship.
BaileyB is offline  
Old 26th October 2017, 12:34 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Space Ritual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird7 View Post
, but sometimes what is more important in a relationship is protecting your partner's feelings.

Many of us who arrived here, came here in the first place as a direct result of a partner wanting to "protect our feelings".

That "protection" included cheating on us, lying to our faces and making it all our fault when it was discovered.


There is NOTHING more important than living with integrity and honesty.
If you actually have lived with the opposite for any real amount of time in your life, you will automatically know how wonderful it can be to live without such burden.

The only thing protecting your partner's feelings will do is make it that much easier for you to continue to protect your partner's feelings when the next person you want to bang behind your partner's back comes along.

You simply are talking out of your ass
Space Ritual is offline  
Old 26th October 2017, 12:40 PM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Are you for real? The lack of accountability is unbelievable.

What about honesty, trust, and integrity as a person and in your relationship?

If you are in a relationship, have some respect for your partner and don't flirt with other people. If you don't have the self control not to flirt with other people, then you shouldn't be in a relationship.
Right. Because no one ever makes mistakes.

Have you ever cheated? I have. Once.

I can tell you it was intoxicating on one level. Never once did it occur to me it was happening either. One minute I was meeting this attractive girl and then a couple of days later BOOM. I ruined a couple of lives.

I give the OP credit for even acknowledging this was going on. The real question here is about the marriage. Is it dead? Mine was. The cheating was a horrible thing to do, but I did learn I need to exit the relationship. That was actually positive. I also realized that it was a mistake I do not need to repeat.

What good comes from telling a SO about being tempted? If one wants to keep the relationship, then nothing.
smackie9 likes this.
viatori patuit is offline  
Old 26th October 2017, 12:54 PM   #13
Established Member
 
Space Ritual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by viatori patuit View Post
I also realized that it was a mistake I do not need to repeat
Ah the "mistake".

Mistakes are going to the store and getting 2 percent when you wanted skim milk....

A wrong lane change....

Forgetting you had to be at work an hour before you showed up.

Those are mistakes

What you describe was a conscious decision made on your part. In fact, reading between the lines of your post, it is abundantly clear that at the end of the day, you feel what you did was really not that bad. Sure, you destroyed lives, but hey, it was a MISTAKE! So please don't judge too harshly...

After all, you were protecting your partner's feelings by the happy accident that happened when you stuck your dick in somebody else.

I needed a good laugh today. And you fit the bill.

Thanks, Obama!
Space Ritual is offline  
Old 26th October 2017, 4:12 PM   #14
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by viatori patuit View Post
Right. Because no one ever makes mistakes.

Have you ever cheated? I have. Once.

I can tell you it was intoxicating on one level. Never once did it occur to me it was happening either. One minute I was meeting this attractive girl and then a couple of days later BOOM. I ruined a couple of lives.
No. Thankfully, I have never made that "mistake."

As has been said, a mistake is forgetting to tell your partner that you have to work late tonight.

Flirting, kissing, using sex toys, or having sex with someone who is not your partner is not a "mistake" - that's called a decision.
BaileyB is offline  
Old 27th October 2017, 4:33 AM   #15
Established Member
 
KBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: 'berta
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ritual View Post
It's his coworker. Going no contact is about as likely As Foghat winning a Grammy.
Slow Ride is a great song.
KBob is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do u ever always happen to do the wrong thign at the wrong time? emotionsmessmeup Dating 2 7th March 2005 5:07 PM
I blamed him all along, and he was wrong...But today, I realized that I AM WRONG!! amanda25 Second Chances 5 1st July 2004 9:27 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:56 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.