Girl I used to a have a thing for has gotten back in touch. Is this an IOI?

This is the second time she has done this. Once just before the summer, and once last night.

She sends me « I just heard you were in (place I go for the holidays) this summer, shame we didn’t see eachother »

I haven’t bothered answering her yet since I’m getting ready for work.

Seems like, at the very least, she’s trying to get my attention.

Sounds like an indicator of interest.

If you want to and only when you have time, write back.

• Author
Sounds like an indicator of interest.

If you want to and only when you have time, write back.

Hmm...

So I sent her "I had a great time over there. How did yours go?" and she replied with just "Complicated". lol

I can't stand one-word responses like that...

Since she didn't continue with let's get together so I can tell you all about it.

If the 1st message was an IOI the one word message was at best an IO low I. If she can't be bothered to give you a broader response, you need to ignore her.

It's complicated means she's has someone she's with. Got to read between the lines and too listen to what she tells you. I wouldn't even reply back. Just say or do nothing. But don't be late for work and don't dwell on this in your mind at work either.

• Author
It's complicated means she's has someone she's with. Got to read between the lines and too listen to what she tells you. I wouldn't even reply back. Just say or do nothing. But don't be late for work and don't dwell on this in your mind at work either.

Actually, it turns out she worked throughout the summer and hasn't been paid - that's what's "complicated".

Honestly, I'm not here to listen to her problems like this, so I'm not going to bother replying to that message.

(I'm on a break at work).

• Author
Since she didn't continue with let's get together so I can tell you all about it.

If the 1st message was an IOI the one word message was at best an IO low I. If she can't be bothered to give you a broader response, you need to ignore her.

I would never expect a woman to be that forward and flat out ask me out or to come and see her.

She's explained why the summer was "complicated" for her, she's said she worked throughout it and hasn't been paid.

But, whatever. I can't be arsed to respond to that message. I'm not a shoulder to cry on. I've got better things to do than listening to her problems.

If there's an ulterior motive to her getting in touch with me, she's gotta do a hell more than that.

If it's because she's bored and wants someone to rant to, she can message someone else.

Actually, it turns out she worked throughout the summer and hasn't been paid - that's what's "complicated".

Honestly, I'm not here to listen to her problems like this, so I'm not going to bother replying to that message.

(I'm on a break at work).

I hope your sure about that complicated when they say it could mean a lot. But you go with your gut. See your at work still have it on your mind. Try to think about something else so you can complete you day at work. Smart move don't reply back either to her.. Have a great day or rest of the afternoon at work!

• Author
I hope your sure about that complicated when they say it could mean a lot. But you go with your gut. See your at work still have it on your mind. Try to think about something else so you can complete you day at work. Smart move don't reply back either to her.. Have a great day or rest of the afternoon at work!

I'm on a night shift at an apartment block.

Pretty sure if life was "complicated" for her because of some bloke who broke up with her or is being a prick, she would have brought it up immediately, instead of blaming it on not being paid.

At least I'm being paid for doing almost nothing. Happy days.

I feel you are at least somewhat interested in her. Otherwise you wouldn't be here posting the question. :p

If you are interested in reconnecting I say meet her for lunch.

She's fishing for your attention (showing interest) but in lady-like fashion she doesn't want to be too forward.

• Like 1