Online text flirting

Where.do most people consider it cheating when it comes to texting and social media contact.

I saw somewhere that most people would consider it cheating more if they saw flirty texts than flirting in real life.

And i definitely have seen guys joke around and make comments but not trying to flirt. If theres no intention is talking to the opposite sex do you feel its ok?

The view of an old fart (54) is that text flirting is worse than flirting in person. Flirting in person can sometimes be witty repartee. And I find it fun. When I'm out in public, I engage lots of people in conversation. It's just fun!!!

But, to me anyway, texting isn't that way. The only reason I can see for flirting via text is with an end in mind. That is, hooking up! And if you are texting with someone, you obviously know them! Not a random stranger flirt! i'm trying to think if I text flirted with a woman who knew I had a GF, wouldn't that be strange? Yes. Yes I think it would be.

• Like 1
Where.do most people consider it cheating when it comes to texting and social media contact.

I saw somewhere that most people would consider it cheating more if they saw flirty texts than flirting in real life.

And i definitely have seen guys joke around and make comments but not trying to flirt. If theres no intention is talking to the opposite sex do you feel its ok?

You can't decipher tone through text, so unless you are inside someone's head, there is not a 100 percent accurate way to determine a person's intent through that medium.

Same with replying to posts on LS. There is no way any of us can be 100 percent spot on all the time when referring to intent of a poster. If we were, there would be no need for LS.

Say what you mean, and mean what you say...and try it in person.

It is only okay to have any sexual conduct in a relationship if

a.) the relationship is an open relationship

b.) the two are not dating exclusively

If you are in an exclusive relationship that means it is for two people and two people only, and the line is drawn.

Flirting, exchanges of sexual conduct, etc no matter how minute or how large is not okay.

Cheating is a different story. Cheating is an actual act of having sex with someone. Flirting is not cheating.

Exchanging sexual gestures is cheating. (nude photos)

this is just in my mnogamous opinon.

I expect to feel like the priority and like my partner has both feet in a relationship. Some teasing might be passable but anything sexual isn't Ok with my unless it was agreed upon in advance as OK.

Having said that, my workplace is very male dominated and a lot of the conversation, especially in off hours, turns raunchy quickly. For me personally I would need a partner who would be OK with that. I am a person who loves raunchy humor. But to me there's a difference between a raunchy story and something directed towards someone specific where it's flirty. I'm also OK with some looking around but when it becomes physical or emotional it crossed the line for me. BF and I point out things like side boob all the time to each other. My BF is OK with my being physical with women but not with men. BF seems to think cheating is physical and sex but I see the line as and sexual activity or emotional attachment unless there are agreements in advance such as in swinging or poly.

Edited by Miss Peach
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
It is only okay to have any sexual conduct in a relationship if

a.) the relationship is an open relationship

b.) the two are not dating exclusively

If you are in an exclusive relationship that means it is for two people and two people only, and the line is drawn.

Flirting, exchanges of sexual conduct, etc no matter how minute or how large is not okay.

Cheating is a different story. Cheating is an actual act of having sex with someone. Flirting is not cheating.

Exchanging sexual gestures is cheating. (nude photos)

this is just in my mnogamous opinon.

What about sharing and discussing sexually explicit details about oneself?

What about sharing and discussing sexually explicit details about oneself?

Why do you ask? This is pretty obvious that this is stepping over the line, and inappropriate.