This is possibly the WORST week of my life.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four years.... we had past arguments which caused his family not to like me because they take his side with EVERYTHING. Last year he did something really stupid with his friends and ended up getting sentenced to a year and a day. He really was just in the wrong place at the wrong time but it caught up to him. he has an egotistical personality. He started acting mean when he got sentenced. The closer he got to the day he turned himself in the more mean and distant he became. I spoke with him the night before he turned himself in and we talked all night about how we would talk and communicate. And how we would write and call. He said he was gonna log out of his social media for a few months. He's most likely getting out on about 3 months. He kept saying to me "this isn't goodbye for us". And he kept asking me to send him a pic of my face so that he could sleep. So I figured we were on the same page. We hadn't talked about breaking up or anything.

He went to jail a few weeks ago. I wrote him one letter. It was during hurricane Irma and he's incarcerated in Florida so I figured he'd never get it. I noticed someone was viewing my Snapchat from his log in. Because as many know Snapchat shows you who views your story. It wasn't like he just viewed it once they were obsessively viewing it all day. Idk how state prisons work but I just assumed they can't use computers or internet lol. I thought it may have been a mistake. A few days later someone posted on his Facebook that if anyone wants to send him money send it to his mom. And they posted her address. The post was then deleted.

This morning I was shopping for groceries and I got a Snapchat from his log in that said "hi mike *not really his name* asked to me to tell you to not send him any more letters because he won't be responding. Thanks in advance!"

I said "who is this?" They said "not sure why it matters who this is. I'm just the messenger" so then I said "well I had spoken to him the night before he went he told me to write him.... I'm just confused" and the person said "I don't know anything about that. Just passing the message" I thought it may have been a girl so I asked if it was a girl and whomever said "no I'm his friend. Not a girl." I just said "well ok I'll respect his wishes" and I figured it was then end of the conversation but then they messaged me again saying "I could ask him for you when he calls or contacts me again" and I said "ask him what? It's fine" then they said "ask him why he said that" I said "no that's ok" and the person then told me they are logging out and won't be logging back in and said they hope I have a good day and I said "thanks you too"

I'm now considering myself single. Idk what's going on. If he really had someone contact me then he has no respect for me at all. Idk who has his log in or if he even knows what they're doing but I don't feel like I want to write him because I feel hurt and embarrassed. It's an eerie feeling. Not to emotion my grandfather just passed away a few days ago. So I was already not in a good place. Now I definitely feel like crap.

Hi Sweet, if I were you I would drop this guy like a hot potato. After everything you've written about him, he just does not seem like good relationship material to me. If you overlook the obvious red flags now you will only ensure a sorrow laden life for yourself in the future. Have some self respect. You deserve better. Warm wishes.

• Like 1

worst week of my life -- Sweetie, I have a feeling this is the best thing that could have happened to you in the last 4 years.

Last year he did something really stupid with his friends and ended up getting sentenced to a year and a day. He really was just in the wrong place at the wrong time but it caught up to him. -- It's fairly unlikely that he's only done this one stupid thing that just happened to have caught up to him. "Wrong place, wrong time" is about denial.

he has an egotistical personality -- People who wear this label are selfish and feel as though they are invincible and untouchable. This situation was a matter of when, not if . . . Perhaps, you've been wearing blinders or he's been really good at covering up things, but I seriously doubt this was some kind of bad karma for him.

I'm now considering myself single -- Good for you. I wouldn't wait even a minute, let alone a year and a day, for someone who went to jail for anything PERIOD If the person who reached out to you is a woman, let her sit around waiting for his stupid ass to get out of jail.

Well, you should certainly consider yourself single because this guy is BAD NEWS!

Not to be dismissive of your feelings, but although it may feel like the worst week of your life... someday, you will look back at this and realize that it is the best thing that ever could have happened to you.

He may have passed that phone onto a family member before hitting the pokey.

I agree with the others, consider yourself single (and very lucky) and find a nice stable man that treats you like a queen.