Why would a guy start unfollowing people?

Why would a guy all of a sudden start unfollowing a lot of girls all at once on instagram and making sure they no longer follow him either? I was unfollowed too just out of nowhere.

Doesn't everyone do regular culls of social media? Sounds normal to me. When I cull, I keep the people who I wish to stay in contact with.

• Like 2
  • Author
Doesn't everyone do regular culls of social media? Sounds normal to me. When I cull, I keep the people who I wish to stay in contact with.

Yep that's true too

• Author
That or he has a girl now who's got him whipped

who knows that sounds kind of crazy if a guy unfollows people because of that. There are people that I'm really good friends with on instagram and they have girlfriends and they don't unfollow me.

That or he has a girl now who's got him whipped

Not necessarily whipped.

When in a relationship there in no need for

opposite sex friends.

I would not have any and would expect her

to not have any opposite sex friends either.

I have seen too many affairs start with people

being opposite sex friends.

• Like 1

There are lots of reasons: a social media purge; a desire to grow up; a new SO who has concerns about opposite sex social media friends; perhaps you posted things the other person found offensive.

It's social media. So unless this person was your BFF in real life & has not suddenly stopped talking to it, it really doesn't matter. It's only virtual reality.

• Like 3
Why would a guy all of a sudden start unfollowing a lot of girls all at once on instagram and making sure they no longer follow him either? I was unfollowed too just out of nowhere.

Because he entered into a relationship with a girl and doesn't want to compromise that the relationship by creating the possibility that the new girl would become jealous or offended or suspicious about his activities there.

• Like 1
  • Author
Not necessarily whipped.

When in a relationship there in no need for

opposite sex friends.

I would not have any and would expect her

to not have any opposite sex friends either.

I have seen too many affairs start with people

being opposite sex friends.

not necessarily true. I have a best friend who is engaged to a girl and there isn't anything going on between me and him. He didn't ditch me because he had a girlfriend. If that's the case you would think he would start with Facebook and delete every female from there but who really does that. maybe he is a player who doesn't want certain females to get him caught up. Girlfriend or not you are who you are

• Author
Because he entered into a relationship with a girl and doesn't want to compromise that the relationship by creating the possibility that the new girl would become jealous or offended or suspicious about his activities there.

sounds like someone doesn't trust the other. It doesn't take all of that to have a happy relationship if that's what it really is. A bit much and sounds insecure and of course whoever has done this would probably defend it as normal. the last time I checked people were people. Male or female and not everyone wants somebody's man. Some people know how to be nice to others without coming on to them or flirting

not necessarily true. I have a best friend who is engaged to a girl and there isn't anything going on between me and him. He didn't ditch me because he had a girlfriend. If that's the case you would think he would start with Facebook and delete every female from there but who really does that. maybe he is a player who doesn't want certain females to get him caught up. Girlfriend or not you are who you are

You asked a bunch of strangers to explain he behavior of someone we don't know based solely on the fact that he deleted you from social media.

Overtime here on LS I have learned that there are people out there who get upset when their SO's have opposite sex friends IRL & on social media. Some people who date those people do drop the opposite sex friends when asked to do so. So there is a possibility that this is why the guy you asked about unfriended you.

I'm not defending or condemning the practice. It is however AN explanation for why you were dropped but we have no idea what the real reason was.

• Like 1
Space Ritual

Maybe the guy had a Eureka moment and realized how incredibly stupid social media as a whole is.

Maybe he has a GF or wife that was mad because he was following so many chicks on Instagram

Maybe someone caught him rubbing one out to some Instagram pics and decided it best if he stopped following those whose pictures he was rub a dub dubbing away to.

The possibilities are endless

• Like 2

It could be that he is simply not interested anymore or bored with following people. Maybe he realizes there are so much more better things to do. It happens. But, more than likely he has entered a serious relationship and doesn't want to disrespect his new girl. I think that's nice.

There are any number of reasons, from boredom, to being offended by something to having a relationship.

The important thing to remember is that social media is basically time-wasting trivia that is not truly indicative of anything lasting and important in real life. So just try to shake it off and move on.

I did not say every opposite sex friendship ends

with them becoming affair partners.

The point that you missed or chose to ignore

is that I have been on infidelity forums a long

time.

I have seen too many affairs start that way.

Better to be safe then sorry. This is why having

appropriate opposite sex boundaries is important.

• Like 1