Brief about me : my college has started 1st yr. Haven't dated any girl for a year because of a bad break up.

So there is this hottest girl in our stream(class) one of my friends started talking to her and later he introduced me to her. She always blushes and smiles giggles when we both make eye contact. Ikr she must be liking me mabye.

So anyways we have a few small talks I rarely approach her she comes to me most of the time.

One day we talked quite a bit ,I asked her about the bf she said she is going to break up with him in a day or 2 (they've been together for a yr and half) says he's an ass bla bla.

I later asked her out to a movie she said she is busy that day (it's ****ing Sunday)

Soo i pretty much though that's that ok bye. Later next day she seemed pretty pissed I was sitting beside her and she was glued to her phone then I heard her sniffling later she left the class and hour later she called me asking me where am I where is the teacher and then said never mind and hung up. 10 mins later she called again and said where am I , she told me she hasn't gone home, and wants to see me I went to her we talked she told me her bf came they , broke up and stuff.

And hour later I find myself in a cafe with her chatting and laughing. Later at home She msged me a few times and when our talk ends she msgs me on another social app. Eg insta then WhatsApp then Snapchat. She shares with me about how weird people try to talk to her sends me screenshots of their chats her making fun of the (thirsty guys) ?.

I hardly talk to her feel like this is a waste of time and am the first one to say bye. It's because I've had a rough dating life and fear even if I do make her my gf it's gonna end up the same as the rest. But anyways what are your thoughts am I being friend zoned or does she like me in another way.

Space Ritual
I hardly talk to her feel like this is a waste of time and am the first one to say bye. It's because I've had a rough dating life and fear even if I do make her my gf it's gonna end up the same as the rest. But anyways what are your thoughts am I being friend zoned or does she like me in another way.

Ever heard of a Rebound?

That is what you will be, at best. I'm sorry I know that is probably not what you wanted to hear. But I'd rather be straight with you.

Even if you two had a whirlwind romance so soon after her breakup, it takes a while to get an ex out of your system, and usually more than one try.

Do yourself a favor, and don't show anything but a poker face. B cordial but don't go out of your way with her right now. She is liable to go to him in the middle of the night if she gets a bug up her skirt, and then where does that leave you?

Yeah that's right...up Shyt Creek without a paddle.

Please tread lightly.....you are currently filling an emotional need for her to vent. Usually that's what nice guys do on the path to finishing last.

This won't end the way you want it to. Far from it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you continuing in this fashion with her ultimately has disaster for your self esteem written all over it. Don't put yourself through it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Followed your advice , I didn't even once go up to her she came twice to talk to me but I finished it and went off seeming like I was busy.

I'll keep small talks but nothing more.

• Like 1

Stay away from girls who announce that they are breakup up with their BF soon or in a couple of days or things are not good, etc....it's just not right. She's just fishing for a new prospect...baited the hook with a pending breakup. You don't need that immature crap.

• Author

I mean from what I know she was ****ing ugly and all before high school and kept getting hotter after that and now she's a bomb in college.

And the guy she is breaking up with is her 1st bf.

She is a really simple girl she hardly know any of the dirty stuff like we all do ?.

But ur right she is just looking for a rebound and I am her 1st choice since she makes all kinds of excuses to see me.

Honestly I'd smash but she seems nice soo I'll refrain and ignore her. She cried tf out at college when her bf broke up with her, only i have seen her tho.

Mabye she looking for a rebound or maybe not.

But I'll follow what you guys say.

I came here before didn't listen to what you guys said and my relationship ended in a total **** like you all said , she was using me and ****.

It's the very beginning of college -- that is a huge change for most freshman & many HS relationships crash & burn during orientation week. There is too much new stuff going on. It's all fun & exciting & new.

There is no need to get serious right this second. You will miss out on a lot if you tie yourself down before Halloween.

I don't really think you are a rebound so much as you are the shiny new boy paying attention to her. Keep it up but don't overdo it. Not in front of her face but pay attention to other girls too. Keep flirting with her & see where it goes.

All the stuff about nailing things down, having the talks, being official. . . none of that has any place in the first weeks of college. Just have fun.

If things are still great between you by the end of the term ask her out before winter break for now, chill.

I'm reading it as you are trying to friendzone yourself. You asked her out, she said she was still with a bf and breaking up. She called you as soon as she broke up. You had coffee. Now ask her on a real date. Doesn't sound like that bf was all that serious. If you delay asking her out, other guys are going to snap her up, so stop looking for reasons to blow her off and acting insecure and ask her out. Don't worry too much about her remarks right after a breakup. If you keep asking her out and she keeps going, just see if you have fun together. It's not a marriage proposal. it's college students just dating to have fun. No pressure.