Girl I want to date but she thinks I am a jerk

Hi so I was kind of with this girl but then I got drunk and hooked up with another girl that she knew, I really want to make it up to her and get back to where we were but dont know how to go about it, your advise please? I really like this girl we went through a lot together.

Also would it be weird or cringy if I just sent her this poem/ song that she said I should write her a while back when we were good, your thoughts?

If we could meet again for the first time maybe beneath the falling rain

I wouldn’t give you words but rather give you a smile

If we could meet again maybe beneath the shining sun

The moment would speak on my behalf

If we could meet again maybe beneath the shooting stars

I wouldn’t look up but rather at you and simply say that you beautiful

If only we could meet again hopefully on the first day

I wouldn’t drink or smoke or be an idiot

I would show you the real me and hope you like who you see

Yep, weird and cringy.

Things like this are romantic when someone is into you, but become cringy when they no longer feel the same.

Sorry.

• Like 6

You already blew it with this girl. Apparently you weren't ALL that into her or you wouldn't have hooked up with one of her acquaintances.

• Like 3

Great idea, but it's not long enough. You should come up with one a few pages long at least. That will really show her how much you love her.

• Like 1
Space Ritual
Hi so I was kind of with this girl but then I got drunk and hooked up with another girl that she knew, I really want to make it up to her and get back to where we were but dont know how to go about it, your advise please? I really like this girl we went through a lot together.

This is pretty much as far as I got. I gotta a tell you kid, the best advice I can give you is to move on. You crapped the bed with this one.

• Like 5

We all make mistakes when young, but they're all for nothing if we don't learn from them. Always ask yourself how you'd feel if someone did the same thing to you. Good luck.

• Like 3

You could just stop being a jerk and hang out where she is.

Show that you can change and earn her friendship first.

• Like 1

Also would it be weird or cringy if I just sent her this poem/ song that she said I should write her a while back when we were good, your thoughts?

If we could meet again for the first time maybe beneath the falling rain

I wouldn’t give you words but rather give you a smile

If we could meet again maybe beneath the shining sun

The moment would speak on my behalf

If we could meet again maybe beneath the shooting stars

I wouldn’t look up but rather at you and simply say that you beautiful

If only we could meet again hopefully on the first day

I wouldn’t drink or smoke or be an idiot

I would show you the real me and hope you like who you see

Im not being a jerk, but what are you 12? If booze makes you a jerk then you need to fix that. Stop drinking if you act like a jerk after a few martinis. Stop 'hooking up" with woman. What are your sleeping around and thinking between your legs?

You dont like that girl or you wouldnt have been a jerk right out of the gate acting foolish...and whats with the poem? Really? Give that up bro because I tell ya....Your no Donne. ha

You could just stop being a jerk and hang out where she is.

Show that you can change and earn her friendship first.

Sorry. If he acted like a drunk jerk right out of the gate and I was a female your history...and depending on what he did if she takes him back shes a bum herself.

I hate bars and boozers. I do have a few martinis and like a cold beer during a game, but I never ever get drunk, and I only drink in my house.

Sorry but a poem does not make up for you drunkenly sleeping with someone else. That is no "mistake" you knew exactly what you were doing and didn't care. NOW you care but only because you have been found out...

Life in the big world is tough, you rarely get second chances if you mess up. Your family or your best friends may forgive some of the bigger mistakes you make, but adults in the real world tend not to.

Women are usually looking for good qualities in men and men cheating and having hook up sex with random women, is usually not seen as a good quality in someone they want to date and have a relationship with.

YOU compounded it as you chose someone she knew too...

What were you thinking of?

• Like 2
  • Author

I didnt sleep with her, we kissed. I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone and the only reason that I didnt go for the first girl properly in the first place was because I have been suffering from low self esteem so I turn to booze but I've stopped that now, and I didnt think she could really like me but turns out she did. I know the worlds not a nice place believe me I have only ever lived in South Africa, but you have to be tougher than life, better than you once were and only in the present. So thanks for the advice, and yeah the poem is terrible so Im going to leave it but mama didnt raise a whiss so Im going to step up to the challenge and win over this girl because she actually means a lot to me.

yeah, don't send her that poem - it's too desperate. she felt betrayed by you and feels really hurt. i'd give her some space and hopefully, you can earn her trust again.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
I didnt sleep with her, we kissed. I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone and the only reason that I didnt go for the first girl properly in the first place was because I have been suffering from low self esteem so I turn to booze but I've stopped that now, and I didnt think she could really like me but turns out she did. I know the worlds not a nice place believe me I have only ever lived in South Africa, but you have to be tougher than life, better than you once were and only in the present. So thanks for the advice, and yeah the poem is terrible so Im going to leave it but mama didnt raise a whiss so Im going to step up to the challenge and win over this girl because she actually means a lot to me.

Then how did you wind up kissing someone else?