The Butterfly Conflict?

How many of you have been accused of being a Butterfly?

A Butterfly is a man/woman who will talk to the opposite sex in the most peculiar situation when out and about with your gf/bf/so. Like the grocery.

Example: I am a guy but when I am out and about with the gal I literally talk to any women for the heck of it and dont realize it. My last two girls called me a Butterfly.

I like girls so I cant help it. I think it may be faulty DNA. I have no idea. :)

Are you a Butterfly?

vanhalenfan

I've never heard of that expression before. I've heard of "social butterfly", which is just someone who talks to anybody of any gender - just someone who likes to socialize whether it be flirty or not. I consider myself to be a social butterfly most days of the week, but it's not like I go out of my way to talk to other men in front of my SO. I talk to everybody. My SO is that way as well.

• Like 1
  • Author
I've never heard of that expression before. I've heard of "social butterfly", which is just someone who talks to anybody of any gender - just someone who likes to socialize whether it be flirty or not. I consider myself to be a social butterfly most days of the week, but it's not like I go out of my way to talk to other men in front of my SO. I talk to everybody. My SO is that way as well.

There you go. But I flirt with married women only or I pick the hottest gal I think I never think I have a chance with and talk to them. I always look at a womans hand for a ring. No ring I wont talk. You have a ring and I will ram my cart into you on purpose. They actually like it because I am just me, and in real life I am a goofy guy 100%.

When I had a gal I was throwing out numbers. My gal used to watch me down the aisle Im not kidding and scold me in the car,,,,then laugh.

Now Im single and all I get is a hit from a 24 year old college student. Lemme tell ya....Im no Brad Pitt i will admit but silly and being yourself works.

I dont know how to pick up a girl. I swear. I always had a companion and they picked me up for just being goofy me. I cant explain it. When I have a gal I can get 2 just being me....Now Im a bit older and I get nada, or a young kid.

I get older women flirts. Im not into 60 year old women that are horney. That creeps me out more than anything. No offense but thats too old for me. Its like dating an aunt or something. haha

Butterfly is a Filipino expression for man-whore...

You just fly from one flower to the next, taking what the want from each before moving on to the next.

• Like 2
Butterfly is a Filipino expression for man-whore...

You just fly from one flower to the next, taking what the want from each before moving on to the next.

Thank you. This would explain why I've never heard the term.

ExpatInItaly
Thank you. This would explain why I've never heard the term.

Same here. I have never heard this term used in English before.

Sounds like juvenile and superficial behaviour though, OP. This is why women your own age aren't interested. Older women are flattered. Younger women might not know better. Women in your own age group, though, are likely turned off by it and it keeps them away.

If you are actually looking for a partner, I'd knock it off.

• Like 1

I too had never heard the term & certainly not in a derogatory sense. I have always been a social butterfly. I can & do talk to all sorts of people in all sorts of settings & some of it gets flirtatious. I don't mean anything by it. I talk to men & women but certainly don't give anybody the impression I want anything more then a few minutes of public G rated interaction.

• Like 1

I'm a "butterfly" in that I like to talk to people. Even when my fiancee is with me I will just strike up conversations and talk and joke with people. You say you only do it with attractive women with no ring on. That's the difference.

• Like 2

I was called a butterfly by a nice Asian lady many years ago. I took it to mean that I would just flit from one woman to another. Sadly she was right - she had qualities which I didn't appreciate at the time which would have made her a good wife and it is to my considerable regret that I didn't have the maturity at that time to treat her well and keep her.