Reverse cheating?

somanymistakes

Everyone's heard the phrase "if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you." And it's not 100% true, but it certainly happens.

I'm curious about the reverse side: "if they'll cheat on you, they'll cheat with you". How common is that?

Has anyone been in a situation where a partner cheated on you, and then after you were broken up, wanted to cheat on their new partner with you? Or known of people who did?

I've never been cheated on (as far as I know) but I've helped a couple of girls cheat. Deep down, though, I feel they weren't totally invested in their relationship at the time. The first girl I helped cheat was with a guy who constantly broke up with her and was pretty flamboyant from what she told me. She loved him, but eh she could have done better. Met her at summer camp when I was like 17 and we developed a crush on each other despite her having a boyfriend. Guess you can kinda say she was somewhat emotionally cheating...but yeah when I went to go visit her didn't take long for her to start making out with me once we were alone in her room and after having a bit to drink. I don't think she would have done that if her and her bf at the time weren't fighting and the what not. She did feel bad eventually, though, and the trip ended up ending on a somewhat bad note for me towards the end. She basically felt awkward and guilty that she was cheating and so basically ghosted me for the next 2 days while I was staying with my aunt at the time...and that sucked. But we made up after a while.

The 2nd girl was one of my best friend's girlfriends. I was going to a friends house and she wanted to come along. My friend couldn't come for whatever reason so he just let her go. As me and my friends started drinking, she started getting all touchy feely on me and started kissing me. I pushed her off a few times, but after a while I just said screw it....alcohol will do that I guess. Ended up having sex with her and ended up telling my friend a few months later. He was pretty mad for the first 3 months (rightly so) but he oddly enough ended up thanking me (he was going to move to Colorado from Arizona to be with her) and well I guess since I told him that wasn't going to happen. He basically dodged a bullet I guess. Oddly enough that wasn't the last time I had sex with her lol. Granted this was after they broke up but I got with her maybe 2 more times after that. The 2nd time she didn't have a boyfriend, but the 3rd time she did, and again said that she was thinking about breaking up with him, and so I guess she didn't feel bad about cheating on him at the time.

I guess the bottom line is if the relationship is solid and stable (in the sense that both parties are happy and aren't fighting *too* much) then the partner won't feel the need to cheat. That's usually why people cheat, because there's already a problem in the relationship that hasn't been resolved and so instead of resolving it they choose to not confront the conflict and just use cheating as a means to deal with it.

I wouldn't mind dating the first girl I helped cheat. She got another boyfriend after the first one and I visited her during that time and she stayed faithful to him, so I guess I could see myself trusting her. Probably wouldn't trust the 2nd girl, though. She blatantly threw herself on me and *literally* said, "No....I'm sucking you off..." O_O

*raises hand*

To make a long story short: Girlfriend from high school cheated on me while I was away at college. I found out on Christmas Eve. Was heartbroken. Broke up with her immediately. She ended up pregnant by the guy and married him.

Twenty or so years later I run into her again by chance. The chemistry was still there. We clicked. I asked was she married. She said no. Had a wonderful rendezvous. Later, I check Facebook and find out she WAS married.

Pissed, I broke up with her again. Briefly. She hounded me. Giving me a sob story about a sexless marriage. Blah, blah, blah. We hooked up again and carried on an affair until I got tired and just stopped doing it.

Strangely, my only experience with cheating has been with the same person. Cheated on and cheated with. I have never cheated on one of my SOs and as far as I know they have never cheated on me.

• Like 1
Space Ritual
Everyone's heard the phrase "if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you." And it's not 100% true, but it certainly happens.

I'm curious about the reverse side: "if they'll cheat on you, they'll cheat with you". How common is that?

Has anyone been in a situation where a partner cheated on you, and then after you were broken up, wanted to cheat on their new partner with you? Or known of people who did?

Yes an ex or two did want to back in the 80's but at the time I was dating bar whores and was having fun so I passed.

That is because people who betray me are without fail, cast out of my life. I have as little contact as possible with those types.

Yes. I won't go into detail, but this person betrayed me then had the audacity to want me to stick around for "side fun" when the person he cheated on me with wasn't working out as well as he hoped.

And I was so heartbroken I almost considered it....at the time. Then I slapped some sense into myself.

It's like kicking you and then spitting on you while you're on the ground.

Michelle ma Belle

Experienced anything of the sort in my own life? Never.

Have I known anyone who has been down this path? Absolutely.

It never ends well for anyone.

• Like 1