Ex treat his new girlfriend like a princess,why?

I was in a relationship with him for 2 years and he was constantly treating me indifferent or ignoring me and now he has been with other girl for 4 months. We have same friends and coworkers so I get to know about this things, for example, he gave her flowers 2 times while he never did that to me, take her out like 3 times a week and took her to holidays to other country and the worse, he is going to take her to Italy for 3 months and he is going to pay for everything.

This hurts so much because I feel that it is because honestly she is a lot prettier than me and nicer than me. Why is the new girl always treated better?

CautiouslyOptimistic
I was in a relationship with him for 2 years and he was constantly treating me indifferent or ignoring me and now he has been with other girl for 4 months. We have same friends and coworkers so I get to know about this things, for example, he gave her flowers 2 times while he never did that to me, take her out like 3 times a week and took her to holidays to other country and the worse, he is going to take her to Italy for 3 months and he is going to pay for everything.

This hurts so much because I feel that it is because honestly she is a lot prettier than me and nicer than me. Why is the new girl always treated better?

This is hurtful; I can relate. One of the most hurtful things my ex ever said to me was, "XXX doesn't believe me when I tell her about how I treated you because I would never treat her that way." And he was my husband and father of my kids! Why does she deserve that respect and I didn't?

I don't know what the answer is, but it's something you just have to eventually let go. She is skinnier than me, but not prettier. And she may be nicer to HIM than I was toward the end, but I don't think that makes her nicer overall lol. I think we're both equally nice :). We'd probably be friends in a different life. She IS definitely much more of a doormat than I am, so there's that going for him....

Hang in there. It will fade!

It happens. We all do it or have done it ourselves if we are dating someone that just sends us head over heels.....he's obsessing/infatuated. This doesn't necessarily mean it's because she's prettier.....there are plenty of cases where it's just a stronger match. Would you not want someone better than him?....and when you do find the right guy, he will end up being your husband. That is how it works. Not every relationship is going to make us act like it's a match made in heaven. That's why we date....to find the one.

Now you need to drop it and stop taking it so personally. Take note next time you meet someone. Have higher expectations and make sure (if he is the right guy) that he treats you like a princess too....stop settling for guys like your ex that are second rate.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 2
Space Ritual

It's called life.

Some people get the milquetoast treatment, some get the Red carpet. Usually honeymoon periods in new relationships last a few months. She probably has had little day to day contact with him thus far, as in she has not had to pick up his skidmarked underwear or smell his farts in bed at 6 in them morning. Eventually she will though....

One of my boyfriends told me once he treated the girlfriend before me badly/indiferently. Part of why he was being nice to me was to compensate how he had behaved with this girl.

When he moved on, he learned from his mistakes with me and treated the girl after me how I wanted to be treated.

I used to think it was unfair, but now it makes me happy to think he actually learned something from his time with me.

• Like 1
Doesn't matter. Stop finding out about his new RL as it will only hurt you.

Ya just tell people that you have no interest in any updates or gossip about those two. Cut the cord and drop it.

It does always seem like the new SO is treated better. Sometimes that is true. It may be because the person realizes the pain of a break up & is vowing to be better in the new relationship. Sometime the person feels like they are being treated better by their new partner so their behavior improves.

It doesn't really matter that the new GF here is prettier than you but it might be that she is nicer than you. You are the one who categorized her that way.

She may also be the type of women who expects things like this & gets them. I have had lots of women tell me that they don't understand why men always hold doors open for me but never for them. I watch the behavior of those women & they practically push men out of the way to grab the door themselves & assert that they "don't need a man." That's a fine way to behave but if you want the door held open for you, as a woman you have to hesitate just slightly to give the guy a chance to actually reach the handle before you.

• Like 1

You accepted the way he treated you, so he had no need to act differently.

It's very much about valuing yourself and not tolerating crap treatment.

Or though this may sound harsh... Perhaps it's because he likes her more than he liked you.

• Like 1