Jealousy and Getting over someone you didn't date

Hi all,

This has been a really hard experience for me, and has never happened before. I liked a particular woman quite a bit, tried to be friends with her at first, communicated by text, enjoyed making her laugh, etc.

I should have given up ages ago but there were plenty of signs she didn't want anything more than a possibility of friends, but I just couldn't help think that if I showed her how nice I was then it could lead to something more.

Long story short - we had some strong conversations and it ended up that although she thought I was a good looking guy, she likes a different style and was not looking for anything with me.

It's been hard to get over. I get jealous thinking of her wanting different guys and how I don't measure up. I realize that i'll find someone eventually but this is the first time I absolutely cannot stop thinking of this person. I keep wanting to check her FB account, which I know is a bad thing. I run into her about 3 times a week and am thinking avoidance for good might be my only option to get over this.

Anyway - just wanted to see if others have gone through these intense feeling of jealousy, low self appreciation and unable to get over someone you didn't even date.

Thanks!

idontknowanymore122

I'm going through this right now, been talking to this girl for a few weeks now and she seemed really interested but i messed it up by getting jealous of her talking to other guys on a video game where we actually met....

She said she wanted some space, i did not. We finally met but she teased the hell out of me and now i want more, shes being distant with me and all i can think about is her talking to other guys, i keep looking at all her social media and it doesn't help by the fact that snapchat now has snapmap.

she hasn't blocked me or removed me yet doesn't respond to my messages like she used to, which makes me wonder if she really is meeting other guys and holding me back until she gets bored of the others or does she want me to block her....

Space Ritual

Your infatuation is getting the best of you.

Coming off Beta will be a surefire way to wake up with your dick in your hand instead of a hottie in your bed.

Nice guys do finish last. I am living proof of it. There is someone out there who is waiting for you. Don't waste your time on a professional friend zoner

Charles grow up the way there are women that you/I would

not date there will always be women that will not date us.

This is the way of life.

• Like 1
  • Author
Your infatuation is getting the best of you.

Coming off Beta will be a surefire way to wake up with your dick in your hand instead of a hottie in your bed.

Nice guys do finish last. I am living proof of it. There is someone out there who is waiting for you. Don't waste your time on a professional friend zoner

Sorry...not sure what you mean by Beta?

• Author
Charles grow up the way there are women that you/I would

not date there will always be women that will not date us.

This is the way of life.

No I get it for sure. I've gotten over others before. I don't know this one just really has me hooked and I can't get over not thinking about this woman. I'm trying to keep myself positive but just can't help her popping into my mind. Even thinking of others is not helping.

It's a PUA and RedPill term. Mostly used by men who hate women. Don't worry about it.

This girl wasn't interested. Be the best you you can be and enjoy life. That makes you appear confident and attractive, and there will likely be a girl out there who notices.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's a PUA and RedPill term. Mostly used by men who hate women. Don't worry about it.

This girl wasn't interested. Be the best you you can be and enjoy life. That makes you appear confident and attractive, and there will likely be a girl out there who notices.

Thanks - I certainly am trying! This isn't the first time I have been rejected, but this is the first time it has really hurt. Like the self worth. I'm not sure if it is because we were able to chat a lot and I thought we had something. Whereas in the past I wasn't sure if they were interested or not. I dunno.

Is avoidance the only way to get over this? I've deleted message history, tried to avoid any sort of thing where I can see her on social media, etc. But sometimes I just struggle to fight that urge for some reason. I'm disappointed in myself about that as well.

Space Ritual

Your courting technique sends the message to women that you are worthy only of being friendzoned.

Acting a bit aloof when it comes to these things can be far more effective. When people know that someone likes them romantically they can hold all the cards, thus they call all the shots. Don't let the object of your affections hold all the cards.

meta.morphate

Have someone you trust change the passwords to your social media accounts for now, until this phase passes. I personally changed the passwords to my FB to a string of random letters/numbers that I don't know, so I can't ever get back on my FB - and its been great, and I don't want to, and I love to encourage others to do the same. It does make a big difference when you just only exist in one element and you're not able to look into other people's lives. Not forever, if you don't want that to be the case, but to take a break for a while and I promise you - the world is still out there, life doesn't stop, and you'll still be in contact with whoever you need to be in contact with.

Other than that, which I think is a big one, I would advise you just to take some time to put into perspective how the situation feels when it's reversed. Think of someone who you enjoy mentally talking to but don't feel that romantic/sexual connection with. Imagine that person trying to make it into something more, and how you would feel about it. Not a great thought, but it makes sense and you can't really fight the truth forever. It is what it is.

Just avoiding contact with her, avoiding running into her, and definitely taking time away from social media will all help this to pass.

Also, it is true that girls are sometimes turned off by a guy trying to show them how 'nice' he is. Nice is nice but it's not usually the number one thing that a girl is looking for in a potential partner. MEAN is not good, but I just wouldn't put too much importance on trying to show how nice you can be.