best success percentage worth acting on

John Charles

hmmm, i was talking about a girl i sort of liked but did not act much on it cause I thought i had no shot, so she got a boyfriend (who sort of looks like me) . and then my friend says i had a 75% chance of making her fall in love with me. Another friend in a separate conversation ( he brought up the girl and i just asked what percentage he'd given me) also said 75%. My question: what percentage is a good number to go for it? I would go on 40-50% and i thought this one was like 25% and thats y i did not really pursue her. but wondering now, i think if someone would have said 75% back then, thats 20 percent more than what i act on.

Well, they say you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Personally, I don't think setting odds on something like that is the best path to take. I mean even if it is only 5%, there is still a chance. Why isn't it worth taking?

Originally posted by Devildog

Well, they say you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Personally, I don't think setting odds on something like that is the best path to take. I mean even if it is only 5%, there is still a chance. Why isn't it worth taking?

I agree..

lostinlove0479

i agree also. i'm in a similar situation myself. u can read my post "can a man flirt and not be interested". i say go for it and i'd personally like to know how it goes. but, wait...did u say she has a b/f? if that's the case, then wait til the yellow light turns green but if she's unattached go for it. u know it's funny how we can hold someone in such high esteem not realizing that we really weren't looking up at them but we were on the same level staring them right in the eye all along. what i mean is, you thought you weren't good enough for her but everyone else thought u had a great shot at her the whole time. let's stop thinking and just do! good luck.

lostinlove

I say IF this Girl goes out with you, don't bore her a** to tears with percentages of possibilities/probabilities on the date :eek::p

Sorry, this just seems like so much more work than a person should need/have to do in asking someone they like out or ya know not...

Ask her out :)

sweetpea01
Originally posted by Merin

I say IF this Girl goes out with you, don't bore her a** to tears with percentages of possibilities/probabilities on the date :eek::p

LMAO!!! Seriously! :)

SP