Why is my ex trying to make me jealous?

My ex has been trying to make me jealous, but I don't understand why he's doing this. He's also been keeping a eye on me through his family member..

He rubs his relationship in my face.

Edited by Ishana29x
  • Author
How do you both have contact? How does this family member keep an eye on you?

I have his cousin on my social media

Remove his cousin from your social media.

Most times problems are self-inflicted. If you really want him to have zero insight into your life, then you have to take steps to make that happen. Sometimes we complain about it but keep little windows open because we secretly want to be accessible to an ex.

• Like 4
  • Author
Remove his cousin from your social media.

Most times problems are self-inflicted. If you really want him to have zero insight into your life, then you have to take steps to make that happen. Sometimes we complain about it but keep little windows open because we secretly want to be accessible to an ex.

Okay I will, but why is he doing it?

To get an ego boost. To annoy you. To poke fun at you. To hurt you. To make you jealous. Could be anything.

The question is -- why are you allowing it?

• Like 2

To get revenge on you and to try to hurt you because he's a jerk. Why would you let this family member stay on your social media? Get everyone off he is friends with or relatives with.

If he's your EX nothing he does should be of any concern to you.

Do block his cousin & every "mutual friend" who wasn't your friend 1st.

Ignore him & live your life. Problem solved.

What do you want to hear? That he still loves you? That he wants you back? :rolleyes:

Fact Check: He's your ex. Whatever reasons, motivations or anything he does should not concern you. Your only action should be on how to remove him from your life completely.

ExpatInItaly

Because he enjoys feeling desirable and he likely knows you still want him. That's it.

It's not because he's in love with you. It's because he's in love with himself.

Why have you not deleted these people yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Because grown adults can act like children. One of the best is the "jealous game." It's never ending, just tit for tat over and over and over. So tedious, so sucking of life energy.

You can choose to play the jealous game or get off the train. I suggest getting off. He's your ex, why do you care what he does. Let him live his life, you live yours. The fact that your checking up on him shows that you're not ready to get off the train yet.

You'll know you're offf the train when you have a date or get a boyfriend and your primary thought ISN'T how to let your ex know about it.