LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Is it strange if your boyfriend never gets jealous about anything?


Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By Grumpybutfun
  • 3 Post By preraph
  • 1 Post By basil67
  • 3 Post By smackie9
  • 2 Post By Mrin
  • 1 Post By simpleNfit
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2017, 2:01 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 39
Is it strange if your boyfriend never gets jealous about anything?

I have a great boyfriend whom I have been with for about 7 months. It's just that sometimes I find it strange that he never gets jealous when other men express interest in me, and he always makes excuses for why they might be talking to me.

I never act on this unwanted interest and am quick to make clear I have a boyfriend when it happens, but when I tell my boyfriend about such incidents he tends to make excuses for why the man approched me, e.g "he was probably trying to get some money from you" or whatever. He also never gets uneasy about me having male friends and wants me to maintain a strong friendship with them, which is good but I just find it a little too 'unpossessive' from a man who's supposedly into you.

This one time, my boyfriend and I were walking through a dodge area and some dodge guys were eyeing me up as we walked. My boyfriend's reaction to this was "they probably find it weird that we're a mixed couple". It is as if he can't understand that other men might find me a catch.

Is it a bad sign that my boyfriend never gets jealous at all?
babybrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 3:28 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Grumpybutfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,983
It sounds as though your bf understands the universal truth that any man who gets jealous of other men thinks he is lacking as a man.
My wife is stunning and I've never been jealous of other men paying attention to her because I'm confident in my value as a man, and if she desires someone else, I'm better off without her. I would protect her to the grave, but I won't posture with idiots to feed her ego.
He sounds mature. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you equate jealousy with caring and desire?
Best,
G
Grumpybutfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 3:51 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17,432
If he is thinking you want him to get jealous, he is just not giving you the satisfaction. I mean, if you keep bringing it up, he's onto you. That said, he's probably just healthy and secure. Wish I was like that. He knows if the worst happens, he can find someone else because he's secure within himself. Stop testing him on it and just enjoy it. It's rare enough.
__________________
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 4:58 PM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 7,079
As preraf said, he's healthy and secure. Let me also ask you this: what positive outcomes arise from jealousy?
smackie9 likes this.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 9:55 AM   #5
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 11,586
He knows you want him to get jealous...he isn't going to play that game. A BF that gets jealous doesn't give you self worth or value. Work on that yourself.
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 10:00 AM   #6
Established Member
 
simpleNfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Where the snow is better than in Colorado!
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybrowns View Post
I have a great boyfriend whom I have been with for about 7 months. It's just that sometimes I find it strange that he never gets jealous when other men express interest in me, and he always makes excuses for why they might be talking to me.

I never act on this unwanted interest and am quick to make clear I have a boyfriend when it happens, but when I tell my boyfriend about such incidents he tends to make excuses for why the man approched me, e.g "he was probably trying to get some money from you" or whatever. He also never gets uneasy about me having male friends and wants me to maintain a strong friendship with them, which is good but I just find it a little too 'unpossessive' from a man who's supposedly into you.

This one time, my boyfriend and I were walking through a dodge area and some dodge guys were eyeing me up as we walked. My boyfriend's reaction to this was "they probably find it weird that we're a mixed couple". It is as if he can't understand that other men might find me a catch.

Is it a bad sign that my boyfriend never gets jealous at all?
Heckola NO! Your bf is exactly like me! It is confidence in himself AND you.
__________________
...love being a father!
simpleNfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 10:01 AM   #7
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: 8,885 feet above sea level
Posts: 2,392
I never get jealous about men showing interest in a woman i am dating. I see it as a compliment honestly. I'm more likely to feel, "I know right?!"

If she were to return the attention then I feel a different emotion and I don't keep her in my life much longer.

So stop with the games already.
__________________
2014 No Contact Guide
Mrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 10:04 AM   #8
Established Member
 
simpleNfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Where the snow is better than in Colorado!
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrin View Post
I never get jealous about men showing interest in a woman i am dating. I see it as a compliment honestly. I'm more likely to feel, "I know right?!"

If she were to return the attention then I feel a different emotion and I don't keep her in my life much longer.
YES. Exactly.

I approach dating/relationships with the attitude that I am an awesome catch! I've got my crappola together and have much to offer. If you're dumb enough to flirt back, cheat, YOU LOSE, not ME. Confidence. He also trusts you and recognizes that you are an attractive woman. I do the same thing. It probably makes him feel some satisfaction knowing that other guys are attracted to you. It affirms his own feelings.
basil67 likes this.
simpleNfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 10:21 AM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
If he is thinking you want him to get jealous, he is just not giving you the satisfaction. I mean, if you keep bringing it up, he's onto you. That said, he's probably just healthy and secure. Wish I was like that. He knows if the worst happens, he can find someone else because he's secure within himself. Stop testing him on it and just enjoy it. It's rare enough.
Are you prepared if he played the same game on you ? Don't test. You might find yourself in tons of problems.
mikeylo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
She's not jealous, but she asks some strange questions Phantom888 Dating 13 7th October 2013 6:37 PM
My Boyfriend (and me) Is this strange??? veronicasky Dating 1 27th October 2008 10:18 PM
my boyfriend is acting strange Lauriebell82 Long-Distance Relationships 5 29th January 2007 1:58 PM
Boyfriend's strange behaviour. Pink Balloon Dating 9 8th October 2006 10:50 PM
Boyfriend acted Strange RedRose3373 General Relationship Discussion 6 4th April 2006 7:51 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.