Why is he behaving like this?

Sorry I'm new to this, not sure where to post it.

Me and my ex broke up due to his family.

He keeps tabs on me, continues to try and hurt me. He also tries to make me jealous.

It's been going on for months, I'm not sure how to handle the situation.

Any advice?

ExpatInItaly

Have you blocked him in every way you can?

It sounds like you are still in direct contact with him. Is that correct?

If so, you need to stop all contact and block him everywhere and anywhere. If you don't, the pain will continue.

• Author
Have you blocked him in every way you can?

It sounds like you are still in direct contact with him. Is that correct?

If so, you need to stop all contact and block him everywhere and anywhere. If you don't, the pain will continue.

Yes I blocked him everywhere, but I have his family member on my social media. He's been using her to keep tabs on me.

ExpatInItaly
Yes I blocked him everywhere, but I have his family member on my social media. He's been using her to keep tabs on me.

You're going to need to block her too, then.

I had to do the same with an ex's sisters after we split. They were both lovely people but their brother is unhinged and it wasn't worth their social media friendships to me. My sanity and privacy were more important. Yours should be too.

• Like 2

They're not your friends. They are helping him try to hurt and spy on you. You need to block his entire family and any friends that might be loyal to him.

• Like 2
  • Author
You're going to need to block her too, then.

I had to do the same with an ex's sisters after we split. They were both lovely people but their brother is unhinged and it wasn't worth their social media friendships to me. My sanity and privacy were more important. Yours should be too.

I mean, her behaviour has changed towards me which is weird.

I spoke to her about it and she denied it completely.Now, my ex has posted new pictures on his social media to make me jealous.

Do you think I should speak to him?

ExpatInItaly
I mean, her behaviour has changed towards me which is weird.

I spoke to her about it and she denied it completely.Now, my ex has posted new pictures on his social media to make me jealous.

Do you think I should speak to him?

Absolutely not.

Why would you?

Block all of them and leave this in your past.

• Author
They're not your friends. They are helping him try to hurt and spy on you. You need to block his entire family and any friends that might be loyal to him.

By why is he doing this in the first place? He has a girlfriend.

• Author
Absolutely not.

Why would you?

Block all of them and leave this in your past.

To get him to stop and understand why they're doing this.

1fish2fish

You can't make him or anyone else stop what they're doing.

If you want to stop hurting, you need to stop looking at his and their social media.

It doesn't matter why they're doing what they're doing; all that matters is that you prevent it from bothering you so you can heal. The only way to do this is for you to stop reading it.

• Like 2

Why would you reward him by speaking to him when he's treating you like crap? You think that will make him stop? No, it will just make him feel like he succeeded.

Block them all, forget about them all, and move on with your life.

• Like 2
  • Author
Why would you reward him by speaking to him when he's treating you like crap? You think that will make him stop? No, it will just make him feel like he succeeded.

Block them all, forget about them all, and move on with your life.

You're completely right. After I spoke to his cousin, he changed his profile picture on Instagram. The old one was 3 months old. I find that so funny.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Why he is doing it is irrelevant, and talking to him will backfire. It will let him know you still want him enough to notice what he is doing on social media. Why are you even watching his social media accounts?

Also, it's not as though he's going to come out and say that he's doing this to push your buttons, if that's even the case.

Block them all so you can move on.

• Like 1
Space Ritual

He is doing it because you allow him to.

If he no longer has you for an audience, then the thrill of torment is gone.

Have nothing to do with this scurvy clan. Block, delete and become indifferent to them.

• Like 1
HereNorThere

Admit it, YOU LIKE IT.

You could block his family, temporarily deactivate accounts, change accounts completely, etc but you don't because you like it. When you get tired of it, you'll block them.

Dear OP. there are people who are immature and vindictive and childish. they may at times behave just as they are. you would be well advised to learn to recognize these traits and get the hell away from people who are like this and let someone else deal with their vindictiveness, childishness and immaturity.

NC and move on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Dear OP. there are people who are immature and vindictive and childish. they may at times behave just as they are. you would be well advised to learn to recognize these traits and get the hell away from people who are like this and let someone else deal with their vindictiveness, childishness and immaturity.

NC and move on.

I think you are completely right. He tries to flaunt his relationship, rub it in my face and tries to make me jealous lol. His cousin's actions proved everything.

I don't understand why he wants to continue to hurt me.

stillafool
I think you are completely right. He tries to flaunt his relationship, rub it in my face and tries to make me jealous lol. His cousin's actions proved everything.

I don't understand why you let him hurt you. Block every avenue that gives him access to your life. Why are you hurting yourself by viewing his social media. Block everything and you won't know what he is up to.

• Like 2

Because he's a retaliatory jerk. Now you're seeing who he really is.

• Author
I don't understand why you let him hurt you. Block every avenue that gives him access to your life. Why are you hurting yourself by viewing his social media. Block everything and you won't know what he is up to.

You're right. I was friends with his cousin and sister. I blocked them both. I wasn't friends with his parents, but I blocked them too.

I even deleted the posts his cousin liked.

If he wants to continue to stalk, hurt me or try to make me jealous just goes to show what type of person he is. Not much I can do about it.

They're all pathetic. He told me to leave his family alone, which I did. Then his cousin proceeded to like everything on my social media and comment like a weirdo. She's my ex's family, I do not want any contact with you.

• Like 2
MountainGirl111

That's it. Block him, his family, and the broomsticks they rode in on. What is it with all the "liking" on Facebook and stuff anyways? It doesn't mean much of anything for someone to go on there and click on "Like". Block 'en, block 'em, block 'em. That's the only way to do it and don't be tempted to look him up or connect with any of his family. Stay away.

• Like 1
  • Author
That's it. Block him, his family, and the broomsticks they rode in on. What is it with all the "liking" on Facebook and stuff anyways? It doesn't mean much of anything for someone to go on there and click on "Like". Block 'en, block 'em, block 'em. That's the only way to do it and don't be tempted to look him up or connect with any of his family. Stay away.

It's weird because she only did it as you ex told her to. She never bothered before.

Ah we, they're blocked now.

• Like 1
MountainGirl111

That a girl! It sounds like they're all a bunch of test pilots for the broomstick factory, hon. You're better off keeping 'em blocked.