Should I say anything to anyone about this?

One of my friends (19, same age as me) told me that she's interested in a certain guy and would like to date him. But she already has a boyfriend that she's been dating for 8-9 months, and I thought they were happy with each other. They're planning to go to a bluegrass music festival next week where she will see the other guy. He's actually the banjo player for one of the bands that's playing, and he's single and only a few years older than her. She says she's going to try to flirt with him and get his attention, even his number, when her boyfriend is not looking (like if he goes to the restroom or buys something to eat). Should I say/do anything, or just stay out of it?

Yeah, just stay out of it. I mean, she's only 19. She's eventually going to date other guys. If she goes about it in an unethical way, she's the one who will have to learn from it. She's just taking a shot at this guy without much possibility of him reciprocating anyway.

MountainGirl111

When she told you that I would have probably said something to her like, "What about your boyfriend? I thought you guys were happy together...so why would you want to go after someone else?" If they are not dating exclusively, she can go after whomever she wants, I guess.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

if it were my friend i woudl advise her not to be deceitful and that i wanted no part in it or to be used as a cover ...because i would not do a cover or lie for her.... so i would appreciate it that she not ask me too be involved in her deceit..............deb

Space Ritual

It's your call...just be sure you can handle any consequence of remaining silent.

Just remember that when she pulls the stunt and does cheat on her boyfriend that eventually he will find out. He will be able to eventually connect the dots as to who knew.

So once it happens unless you want to be extremely uncomfortable every time you see this guy for the rest of your life you better hope you never see him again after that.

• Like 1