Mixed signals flirting

Hi first time posting a question.

I work with a girl and we were on a business trip to the states. There were 20 of us. Anyway, I became curious about this girl. She is a lovely girl but I never noticed her until now.

Like I said, we were in a big group and I noticed that she was singling me out in the group. She wanted to know what I ordered foe dinner or asks me where was I going for the evening. She never asked the others. She asked me who was picking me at the airport and I said my roommate.

When we had a company dinner and a client wanted to discuss ideas with me and I saw her motioning me to sit with her.

All through the dinner, she was looking in my direction.

She even asked what drink I was ordering but not others.

Does singling me out indicate that she likes me?

Confused

It might mean shes possibly interested, wants to know more about you

Or it might mean you seem friendly and she is trying to have fun/make friends on this trip.

How has she been with you since you have been back home? Do you work closely together? If you do, i would not suggest trying to mix work with pleasure. It's normally never a good outcome.

• Author

Well, we exchanged a couple of emails and she liked a few of my pics on Facebook. We work together but not closely.

I just never noticed her act like that before.

Maybe she just felt she should get to know you a little since you will be running into each other for work purposes.

Whatever her intent is, or what she's thinking, it's given you an opening. Now, what do YOU want to do?

If I were in your position and I was interested I'd invite her for a coffee or lunch and see how it goes from there.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. I do like her but we are in the same company and it is probably not a great idea to date. I asked a female friend and she thought she is interested in me. When I told her about who was picking me at the airport and she thought she was trying to find out if I have a girlfriend or not. Oh well. Some things can't be done. Thanks all.

It's a bit clumsy on her part. Asking you boring questions about boring things ad nauseum.

It's certainly not flirting how I have done it.

Nevertheless she's indicating some sort of interest. But, well... she sounds a bit socially awkward and inexperienced which would make the whole thing an uphill battle for you.

And it would be much riskier to start up something at work with someone who isn't very experienced or mature, if what I am picking up on is right.

I think you've made the right judgement call, keep work and personal life seperate.

Doesn't matter if she flirts with you or not....if you find someone attractive you simply introduce yourself, chat, then ask them out. That's how you get'er done. Women like confidence, not guys who are uncertain and don't take risks.

• Like 1
Superchicken

Mate, let me tell you something.

My freaking job will not stand in the way of my "Possible" love of my life.

She could be your partner for life.

You brush it off like it was a waitress asking you for drinks.

You may NEVER be able to find out if you don't at least dig a little deeper.

Good luck !.

Ted.

• Like 2
  • Author

does it mean anything if a girl never post pictures of her boyfriend on her Facebook profile? I noticed she almost never likes his pics or status and She is always liking my stuff. I am just curious.

Cookiesandough

No, it doesn't mean anything except that she probably interacts with her bf enough outside of social media.

• Like 3

It could also be a possibility that her BF does not have a FB account and does not want pics posted online. I know this was the case for my ex.

• Author

Hi does Facebook likes mean anything? I have a friend who likes every pic or post I put on Facebook. Just wondering?

Space Ritual

Depends...

Lots of people put a huge emphasis on their social media presence and live their lives around it. I am the opposite. I get on computer if I have some free time to places like L/S but FB and Twitter is all people attempting to convince others their life isn't mundane so I don't have time for that crap.

Are they just liking posts or commenting as well and trying to engage you in PM?

• Like 2
  • Author

Well, she likes every single post I put on. Yes, she pm as well. I got to thinking that it might be nothing. I like her stuff as well. She might be returning the favour.

d0nnivain

It means she likes what you posted. It could be flirting. It could be she has too much time on her hands.

You really can't tell anything from social media.

Try interacting with her in real life

• Like 5
It means she likes what you posted. It could be flirting. It could be she has too much time on her hands.

You really can't tell anything from social media.

Try interacting with her in real life

Absolutely this!

What is it with people these days? Get off Facebook and go meet up in the real world - ask her out and see how it goes. It's not rocket science.

• Like 3
MountainGirl111

I wouldn't put too much stock in what anyone "likes" on Facebook. It's fairly superficial.

• Like 2

Some people are just too idle and that's all they have to do. You can just try asking her her status or asking her out.

• Like 2
  • Author

thanks for the input a little history. I asked her out before and she said no. she said no because she doesn't date Co workers so I gave up on her . we hardly talk anymore but she likes my stuff on facebook all the time . I kept thinking that maybe it is her way of showing interest in me. so maybe you are right maybe she has too much time on her hands and I am reading too much into it. oh she never likes any her boyfriend's stuf so I thought it might mean something. I am just being silly here thanks for the input I am forgetting about her

• Like 2

Well, she has a boyfriend anyway. But maybe sometime when you two aren't working together and are both single...timing is everything.

Space Ritual
So maybe you are right maybe she has too much time on her hands and I am reading too much into it.

Case in point.

Upon reading this thread for some reason I decided to reactivate my Twitter account that I deactivated after being on it over the course of 2 days almost 8 years ago.

Between seeing people I had no interest in meeting talking about Politics and Female WWE Wrestlers with their boobs hanging out of their outfits, I quickly deactivated my account. lol

I will admit on the way out I had a gander at that little blonde WWE wrestler Alexa Bliss. Now I understand why there are Youtube accounts dedicated to showing videos of nothing but her ass while she is wrestling. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi

I have a friend who is a female. She and I were riding on the bus from a company retreat. She was taking pictures of the countryside. We sat together and she turned around to face the window and her rear end was pressing against my hip while I was sleeping and that woke me up. Normally, most people would back off as soon the touch happened. However she didn't, she was very comfortable with me. I was perplexed about it. Is that a sign that she is very comfortable with me or something?

Some people are more comfortable with a bit of physical contact than others so I wouldn't read to much into that one thing on its own.

• Like 1