Is my boyfriend trying to make me jealous?

So me and my bf have been dating for 4 years. I'm his first gf and he's my third bf. We're both 22 years old. We both go to different colleges. So today was his last day at college and everyone was having fun. He texts me at night and send a photo to me. It is a picture of him opening the door to the girls bathroom with a James bond kinda pose. Like he used his hand as a gun and posed like James bond if you know what I mean. You could see girls behind him in the bathroom too. I played it cool though. This is how our convo went:

Me: ??

Him : ??

Me: you went in ?

Him: yupp ??

Me : lol idiot

Him: ??

I was super mad . I felt like he was purposely trying to get me mad. He knows I'm kinda the jealous type too. I was ok with his until one of his female friends posted this same pik as a story on Instagram. She captioned it "The phenomenon of our class". Then I got really mad. I mean you don't have to post it on social media for everyone to see. It's disrespectful to me. Makes me feel like he's taking me as a joke. People would get the idea that he's a flirt or something. Thing is I know he would never ever cheat on me. He's just not that kinda guy. But he does try to make me jealous though by talking about how pretty other girls are. Apparently he likes to "annoy" me cause he thinks it's cute and funny. So do you think he tried to make me jealous by sending me this pik? And should i even bring it up with him? Or just let it go?

Thanks in advance!

You are this freaked out because he went in a girls' bathroom? I'm sure it was some kind of immature prank fueled by alcohol & sleep deprivation.

I don't see disrespectful from this act. I do see it when he throws the way other women look in your face Still I think him "annoying" you is simply an immature way to get your attention, like pulling your pig tales on the playground.

Give him some time to grow up & try to remain calm.

• Like 4

You might want to pick your battles a little better. Why not just shrug it off. In the grand scheme of things, how important is this?

• Like 3
Space Ritual

Young Lady,

Since you have so few posts I had the luxury of going back to the thread you started around this same time last year when your boyfriend was on vacation in Singapore.

At that time if I am correct he snapped a picture of himself that included a woman whom he didn't know that had a bikini on and was with another man. At that time you went ballistic, you issued an ultimatum to your boyfriend and he called your bluff.

Your boyfriend is rolling his eyes and saying "Not again"!!!

I am afraid that you may about to be an ex girlfriend. If you become so irate at pictures and things that another person posts, then it s abundantly clear your insecurity is something that will eventually come back to bite you. Not only in this relationship, but also in any future relationship. Please seek some kind of counseling or self help books. You are liable to begin to drive people away form you with these behaviors.

• Like 2
DrReplyInRhymes

Isn't this just...funny?

I mean, if you're sensitive to things like this, maybe you should tell him that. I think he was just trying to be a bit silly?

• Like 2
RecentChange

To me this doesn't seem like a reasonable thing to be jealous, mad or feeling disrespected about.

What, was he going to ask one of the girls in the bathroom out or something? Come on' he was just goofing around. He sounds silly and fun.

I would be pissed if my boyfriend was angry if I had done the same - your reaction is controlling and manipulative.

If little things like this bend you out of shape, I hate to see your reaction to big issues.

Like someone else said, pick your battles. Most men would not put up with this kind of BS.

• Like 2

Do you want to be the person he would never send a picture or emoji to? Keep it up, and you'll stop receiving anything from him. If that's what you're after, just tell him.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." (George Bernard Shaw)

Have you stopped playing already? He didn't send you that pic from a funeral home during a deceased relative's visitation or on the way to the funeral. He's a college student on his last day of finals. Don't grow old too soon.

Edited by Telemachus

You're not in middle school anymore right?

Just checking because I couldn't tell from your post :p

But seriously. This isn't him, it's you. You're insecure for some reason, why?

Were you cheated on in the past? Parents cheat? Low self esteem for some reason?

Because there's something deeper here

I think theres about 7 billion people in the world. Probably a half, or a little more, are women. Are you really going to get nuts every time he looks at, or is near a girl?

If so, you are going to be in for a very long, lonely, sad life.

• Like 1

I don't see an issue with the picture - it was all in fun.

The bigger issue I see is that, in your words, he likes to annoy you because he thinks it's "cute and funny".

However you decide to handle it, make sure you follow through this time.