Kissing an old friend on the neck but didn't mean to

Munchkin5286

Ok so I've known the guy for 30 years and he is being deployed to iraq. he has a band and my fiance went to go see him play. I told my fiance when were ordered our food that I was going to buy my friend a drink thank him for his service and give him a beer. Well it didn't go the way I had hoped

Because the bands were so loud he couldn't hear what I was saying and he turned foe a second instead of kissing him in the cheek in that moment I just went with it kissing him on the neck not thinking how it was going to be taken. I was not trying to hit on him but when he pulled away he didn't look happy and he kinda freaked out and looked frustrated with me

I honestly feel awful cause I have never wanted to make hI'm feel uncomfortable around me He was avoident for the rest of the night. I am supposed to go to his family party on Saturday and I'm just of bundle of nerves

I not sure if I should apologise and explain or just hope that it blows over.

In all fairness/honesty i have had a crush on him since I was like 5 or 6 years old but I have never told him or shown him that in any way and I honestly had no intentions of hitting on him the other night.

I just don't want him to be uncomfortable even being in the same room as me or ever talking to me again.

I dwell on everything I just don't know what to do. I just cant stop thinking about this

Easier said then done but stop thinking about it. It was a slip, nothing more.

Do you really think this is the issue to blow up your pending wedding? If you are having doubts about getting married because you have had a crush on this guy forever, address those but what you describe is a minor hiccup. Pretend it never happened & move on. It will be forgotten by everyone unless you continue to bring it up unnecessarily.