does my gf sister like me?

I am just looking for a second opinion, as I am never really good at this sort of thing (judging people and their intentions). My gf and I have been together for a couple of years and well I don't really get to see her side of the family all that often, other than phone calls a periodic trips there (they live in another state).

So recently I have noticed with these phone calls and periodic trips her sister had been siding with me a lot when there have been disagreements between my gf and I. Also when I was at my gf place this past week and the two of them (gf/her) were sitting beside each other and my hands were cold and I said 'god my hands are cold' and walked over to them, she reacted more than my girlfriend ... I found her reaction overly playful (I didn't even touch her). She also got me a small birthday gift, it was thoughtful but not expensive ... I haven't gotten her a b-day gift yet. I am a bit confused between caring and the other side of things, I know she has a bf as well but I just don't expect her to be reacting this way ... any thoughts?

Darren Steez

Doesn't matter. You have a girlfriend and you sound young so a word of advice, blood is thicker than water, you think two ladies like you you get big headed and you end up with nothing.

Be a man not a boy.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Do you like her?

It sounds as though you do. But don't go there. It can't end in anything but disaster.

As for her interest level, there's not enough to go on to know what she's thinking. You could be misinterpreting her reactions to you because you hope that she likes you.

In the future, ask your girlfriend not to let her sister (or anyone else) get involved in your disagreements. Those should stay between you and her.

• Author

Honestly, I am fairly socially awkward in a sense I can't tell the difference between being nice and any intentions ... Its something I can't seem to figure out...

The sister likes that fact that your GF found a good guy to date. The sister is comfortable with you because she thinks you are an honorable person. She likes you as her sister's BF, nothing more. You are a safe person to be a bit flirty with but nothing more. If you react in the slightest to this, the sister will be all over your GF to break up with you (& rightly so) because only a cad would make a move to cheat on his GF with her own sister.

You are completely misreading this situation. There is NOTHING there.