LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

GF cheated on me with a guy friend and still wants to hang out with him

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2017, 9:15 PM   #16
Established Member

You may love her, but she does not love you.

Love is an action not a word. Her actions clearly show she does not love you.
Old 17th February 2017, 4:06 AM   #17
Established Member

My jaw dropped reading this I've never read anything like this before on this forum!! This guy that slept with your girlfriend is literally running the relationship you need to leave now without even thinking.
Old 17th February 2017, 4:25 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugami View Post
My girlfriend cheated on me with her friend, which I have accepted and am trying to move past because I really love her and want to move on with my life with her. I have been with her for nearly a year and this started a couple months after we got together (just found out after Christmas). Both of them confronted me and he basically forced her to tell me that they were doing it. We ended up making a deal which allows her to still hang out and stuff but only in public places, but I'm kind of regretting that decision because every time I think of her with him I get really paranoid and stressed that they will do it again. But no matter how much I tell her that it bothers me, she still wants to talk/hang out with him because he was there for her at a point in her life when she really needed someone and she feels that she owes him, and she is also afraid to break contact with him because he has threatened to beat me bloody if she stops talking to him. She assures me that the cheating won't happen again because she only wants me now. I want to salvage it if I can, but what do you all think I should do?
Thanks for any input.
Which one is it? She wants to hang out and have sex with him because he was there for him or because he threatened you? Either way she's not really protecting or being there for you now is she?

Did you also work out a deal with him so he could hang out with your girlfriend?
road likes this.
Old 17th February 2017, 6:23 AM   #19
Established Member

Can't add any advice except waiting for an update telling us you dumped her
Old 17th February 2017, 10:31 PM   #20
Established Member

There's no upside to this situation. If she had admitted and stopped all contact with him immediately, it might have been worth reconciliation. By not telling you and insisting on being around him, she is blatantly disrespecting you and your relationship. At some point when you're with someone with some integrity, you look bad on this and be glad you left.
Old 17th February 2017, 11:08 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
My girlfriend cheated on me with her friend, which I have accepted and am trying to move past because I really love her and want to move on with my life with her.
Rewrite this. I want to move on with my life with them. If your serious about her and this is the one, then you better have room for this guy in your relationship with her because he's made it clear that he isn't going anywhere.

For Gods sake man move on as quick as possible.
Old 21st February 2017, 4:18 PM   #22

Quote:
My girlfriend cheated on me with her friend, which I have accepted and am trying to move past because I really love her and want to move on with my life with her. I have been with her for nearly a year and this started a couple months after we got together (just found out after Christmas). Both of them confronted me and he basically forced her to tell me that they were doing it. We ended up making a deal which allows her to still hang out and stuff but only in public places, but I'm kind of regretting that decision because every time I think of her with him I get really paranoid and stressed that they will do it again. But no matter how much I tell her that it bothers me, she still wants to talk/hang out with him because he was there for her at a point in her life when she really needed someone and she feels that she owes him, and she is also afraid to break contact with him because he has threatened to beat me bloody if she stops talking to him. She assures me that the cheating won't happen again because she only wants me now. I want to salvage it if I can, but what do you all think I should do?
Thanks for any input.
Respect is paramount in a relationship also, if something makes us stumble, we should walk away from it, far, far away!!! It's not healthy to be associated with people that manipulate and control us threatening with violence like her ex does. I read a book years ago called 'Boundaries' by Cloud that help me freed from all those kind of controlling relationships. You and your girlfriend will benefit greatly by reading this book. Good luck to both.
Old 22nd February 2017, 5:02 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Thanks for any input.
Shes already cheating.

She got back with him sexually, right after meeting you by the way..

She has no regard for you, showing it by continuing to see the quy she cheated with.

The problem is where you accepted the cheating instead of dumping her like you should have. And even worse, made a deal with her???? So she could continue to see the guy who has been with her sexually, seen her naked, built apparently a connection with that you are not fufilling.

He is beyond a backup, he is just her second boyfriend now. He has a place in her life, his opinion aparently strongly matters to her instead of yours, and now he is bullying you via her if you tell him to cut contact. What are you gong to do? Beat him up and say"my girl"? She doesnt want you to, first off. Think about that. How can you believe anything she says, really? And honestly, are you really asking what to do, or are you really here to have one person out of many tell you to keep riding. Get rid of her and have some respect for yourself, this ship sank long ago.

Last edited by gorf; 22nd February 2017 at 5:04 PM..
Old 23rd February 2017, 8:31 PM   #24
Established Member

I can't imagine why you want a life with a lying cheating GF. It looks like you're getting cuckolded right now and you really need to get rid of her.
Old 24th February 2017, 12:01 PM   #25
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

If the thread starter returns they can use the Alert Us button to reopen this thread. ~6
smackie9 likes this.