LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Am I jealous? Why do I feel like this? Psychiatrists will have fun with this one...

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2017, 6:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushed View Post
I have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to intelligence and money. I do okay money-wise with my job, and I'm pretty smart in regards to a lot of things, but I am no where close to brainy. My worst nightmare is being in a room full of intelligent rich people, which has happened.

My boyfriend is one of them. Well, depending on what constitutes as rich, he does make almost three times what I do. He also graduated from an Ivy League school and I've had to tell him several times that I don't understand a lot of what he's saying (sometimes it's computer jargon, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's science). I dreaded meeting his family. He comes from a family of professors, lawyers, doctors, scientists, historians, etc. Each person he would tell me about in his family was just incredibly impressive.

But then I met his family and they are the most nicest people ever, just like him - down to earth, sweet, and sincerely welcoming.

We've been together almost eight months now, and although his intelligence blows mine out of the water, there are still things that I'm better at. Like I kick his ass in Words with Friends. And I can outrun him in a race. Regardless, it's not a competition. We get along and complement each other nicely. I used to feel that I wasn't smart enough for him. But he has never made me feel like I was less than. And I think that's what is important.
Nice to finally talk to someone who's so similar. My fear was millionaires, still kind of is. You're right, there are things I'm better at, and she's not once made me feel inferior. I've spoken to her family and they are very nice. That's not what I'm worried about however. I do think it's mainly jealousy that there are some people who can have whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, especially when they don't even need to work for it themselves, and just get it. And I'm talking 25k and 40k+ cars. Brand new, among other things. It's not all bad, I mean to be fair I do live in semi luxury, but it's when you come across people like that... You know?
JP1810 is offline   Reply With Quote