Is he not over his ex girlfriend or am I just being paranoid?

My boyfriend of 13 months, he gave me flowers on his anniversary with his ex girlfriend I ignored it.

They were together for 3 years, he did want to reconcile with her 2/3 months before we got together after being a part from her for over 1 year and a half. He changed his mind about reconciliation due to family pressures.

I have a feeling and some signs he's trying to make his ex girlfriend jealous. His cousin consistently likes his exs posts and comments, I just find this behaviour weird because she didn't do this before. I'm sorry, but he's my boyfriend and his family shouldn't be liking his exs posts etc. It's plain weird. It's not like they have children etc together then fair enough.

At the moment, I think he's using me to try and make her jealous so she comes back to him or something. Does he still love her or am I just overthinking the situation?

Social media behavior is not indicative of much IRL. You stop being friends with his EX, or block her so you can't see who likes her posts. Why you can see this baffles me to begin with. Why you continue looking at it if it upsets you, is even more baffling.

He is your BF. He is giving you flowers. Other than your opinion that he is trying to make his EX jealous you have offered no concrete evidence of this. You aren't saying he's talking to her or that they are even in contact. Only his cousin is interacting with her.

If you & him have been together for more than a year & he was apart from her for 1.5 years before he met you, they have been apart for twice the length of your relationship. It seems unlikely that they are still plotting to get together, unless there is something more that you are not sharing.

123Cupcake123

You should probably talk to him about how you feel and he can either try more to make you feel validated or he will realize that it is all for his ex and you can get out before you get too hurt by this . It will hurt no matter what, but the longer you drag it out the worse it is

• Author
Social media behavior is not indicative of much IRL. You stop being friends with his EX, or block her so you can't see who likes her posts. Why you can see this baffles me to begin with. Why you continue looking at it if it upsets you, is even more baffling.

He is your BF. He is giving you flowers. Other than your opinion that he is trying to make his EX jealous you have offered no concrete evidence of this. You aren't saying he's talking to her or that they are even in contact. Only his cousin is interacting with her.

If you & him have been together for more than a year & he was apart from her for 1.5 years before he met you, they have been apart for twice the length of your relationship. It seems unlikely that they are still plotting to get together, unless there is something more that you are not sharing.

The problem is he was in a relationship whilst he tried to reconcile with her. He didn't break up with her by his own choice too. I don't think she will speak to him anyway as she blocked him on everything thanks why he got his cousin involved.

• Author
You should probably talk to him about how you feel and he can either try more to make you feel validated or he will realize that it is all for his ex and you can get out before you get too hurt by this . It will hurt no matter what, but the longer you drag it out the worse it is

I just find it weird that his cousin continues to like her posts, she never did this before and after finding out he tried to reconcile with her recently makes it worse. I would hate it if my cousin did that to my boyfriend. He gave me flowers on his anniversary date with her. I just think it's weird.

I just find it weird that his cousin continues to like her posts, she never did this before and after finding out he tried to reconcile with her recently makes it worse. I would hate it if my cousin did that to my boyfriend. He gave me flowers on his anniversary date with her. I just think it's weird.

Your gut is telling you things are not good here.

I guess you feel you are the rebound.

Did he send you flowers on YOUR "anniversary"?

Do you have evidence that HE got his cousin involved or are you just assuming?

• Author

No.

It seems all of a sudden she started liking her posts etc, she's never done this before. I think he wants her to make the first move because he's the one who wanted to reconcile before not her.

• Author

He would always crop me out of his profile pictures.

• Like 1
No.

It seems all of a sudden she started liking her posts etc, she's never done this before. I think he wants her to make the first move because he's the one who wanted to reconcile before not her.

If you are certain that your bf is still hung up on his ex then do not wait around as his no.2 choice.

Rebounds often get very hurt because when he does eventually move on from his no 1 choice he then does not chose his No 2 ie you. He moves on to choose someone completely different to be his new No.1.

So all that hanging around is often in vain and a waste of your time.

• Like 1

Did you ask him why he got you flowers on his anniversary with his Ex?

You can't control who 'likes' and his Exs pictures.

Your gut tells you he's still hung up on her and that would be enough for me to end it. It will save you a lot time down the line.

I'm sorry that you're feeling like this in your relationship. What signs are you talking about? It's very easy to feel insecure about a new relationship, especially when a previous relationship was such a long one. I wouldn't worry too much about his family liking her postings on social media. They may just be friends and it's really nothing to worry about. If this is truly bothering you, then sit him down and tell him. Make sure to tell him how you're feeling and give specific examples that make you feel that way. That chat maybe what it takes to either calm your fears or help you all move in the relationship. Good luck!