Is she cheating?

confusedmandi

Posting for my best friend.. He lives with his fiance and they had a fight about a week ago. Everything seemed OK. They were fine and then she said her dad was in the hospital and she needed to stay at her parents. They are in their 40s. He did not hear from his fiance for three days. Fri thru Sunday. She texted him today saying she's OK and came home. Her story is she was at a coworkers house and got very ill. So sick she stayed there for three days and her phone was dead the whole time and she didn't have a phone charger.

She says she asked the friend to text the fiance from her phone but her friend refused? I'm asking for opinions because if this was a guy I'd assume he was cheating.. Turned phone off so no one could track whereabouts and didn't call or text because they were with a lover. But since it's a woman who doesn't have a history of cheating, is this story believable? I just can't imagine in this day and age even if ur phone is dead there are ways to. Contact someone u live with so they aren't worried you are dead in a ditch somewhere right? Facebook from someone else's phone or computer? Most phone chargers r similar.. Could have used the friends. And would a friend really refuse to let a sick friend use her phone? Do u think she's cheating?

Posting for my best friend.. He lives with his fiance and they had a fight about a week ago. Everything seemed OK. They were fine and then she said her dad was in the hospital and she needed to stay at her parents. They are in their 40s. He did not hear from his fiance for three days. Fri thru Sunday. She texted him today saying she's OK and came home. Her story is she was at a coworkers house and got very ill. So sick she stayed there for three days and her phone was dead the whole time and she didn't have a phone charger.

She says she asked the friend to text the fiance from her phone but her friend refused? I'm asking for opinions because if this was a guy I'd assume he was cheating.. Turned phone off so no one could track whereabouts and didn't call or text because they were with a lover. But since it's a woman who doesn't have a history of cheating, is this story believable? I just can't imagine in this day and age even if ur phone is dead there are ways to. Contact someone u live with so they aren't worried you are dead in a ditch somewhere right? Facebook from someone else's phone or computer? Most phone chargers r similar.. Could have used the friends. And would a friend really refuse to let a sick friend use her phone? Do u think she's cheating?

If it's his fiance then her father will have no problem confirming to him that indeed he was in the hospital. Obviously her father knows she is engaged so he can certainly send a get well card to him and a follow up call to ask about his condition.

But where is the correllation between staying at her parents house and then being holed up at a co workers house incommunicado and this person REFUSING to let her use a phone? People who have sick parents in the hospital don't eave their phones uncharged and if they did, have a dead battery thy go to the store and get a dollar charging cord....which you can get anywhere.

So basically there are two different stories she is trotting out there and they are both about as authentic as Professional Wrestling.

All your friend has to do is ask the girl's father. There is always a chance the father would lie to him but that is why yor friend does not inform his fiance he is going to ask the father, he just goes ahead and does it...and does it face to face.

In Lieu of that, Even us who have been in jail get one phone call....so yeah. It could be anything, but her stories are too varied and don't make sense. Especially if you have a father who is hospitalized.

Have your friend ask the father face to face. And again, do not let the fiance know he is asking Dad, just do it.

You'll have an answer either way.

ETA: The old "Friday Through Sunday".....It is usually well known when one person or another starts a fight on a Friday to go out and get loaded for 3 days or to bang somebody else. So since I saw that I would have to say it is imperative to ask Dad about his condition.

Edited by Space Ritual
  • Like 2

She had plans to stay at her parents....but all of a sudden she's ill at a coworkers place?

That's enough for me to call bs on that one.

So what was the fight about? He is upset about some guy she has been chatting with??

• Like 2

So wait.....He is planning to marry this woman, yet when she gets horribly I'll, she goes and stays with a co-worker?

He isn't at her side as she visits her hospitalized father?

He isn't the FIRST person she calls and runs to in time of need?

Even if she wasn't cheating, all of this sounds terribly fishy. Your spouse, or soon to be spouse should be the first person at your side through thick and thin, not an after thought.

I haven't gone three days without speaking to my husband since the day I met him. If he went to visit a sick family member then disappeared? I think I would be immediately in m car to go find him! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night not knowing where he was.

Is it normal for her to disappear for days at a time? How did he know she wasn't stranded on the side of the road somewhere?

Very strange.

• Like 2

Yes he should ask his future FIL about his illness. But from what has

been posted she cheated without a doubt.

You do not marry, be engaged, or date a woman that does and says

those kind of things. Dump her.

Of course she cheated. If your friend marries this woman than he will deserve just what he gets - a lying, backstabbing cheater.

I'm not sure why we always say things with such absolute certainty.

Probably because cheaters rarely deviate from the "make the explanation so impossibly stupid they have to believe it" script.

The "Friday Through Sunday" is the clincher for me. It is pretty much stock in trade for a cheaters who are not yet married. My ex fiance used to go out of her way to start an argument with me over something irrelevant about 4 pm on a Friday and would go AWOL until Sunday Night when she would reappear with a look on her face like she blew the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers. lol.

I would venture a guess that I am not the only one here on LS who had their S.O. or fiance start fights with them on Friday afternoon only to disappear until Late Sunday with some wild story about how they suddenly developed memory loss or severe arthritis to the point where it prohibited them from dialing a telephone.

She could have just wanted space and didn't feel enough respect for him to let him know. Maybe she wanted to punish him and make him worry. I don't think it means she cheated. But it was a definitely a good way to weaken the trust needed for any relationship. I couldn't marry someone that did that. Having that cloud of doubt whether she cheated and just not feeling respected, seeing how inconsiderate she is -- nope couldn't marry her.

• Like 1
Her story is she was at a coworkers house and got very ill. So sick she stayed there for three days and her phone was dead the whole time and she didn't have a phone charger.

She says she asked the friend to text the fiance from her phone but her friend refused?

So she claims that she was so sick that she could not drive home for 3 days, and that although the friend was willing to take care of her for 3 whole days, the friend refused to let her use their phone for the sixty seconds it would have taken to ask the OP to pick her up or to bring her charger and clothing? This is obviously a lie that he should easily disprove. He needs to ask her for the friend's name, determine if they are male or female, ask how she knows the friend, ask for the friend's address, ask for the friend's cell phone number, and check her cell phone records. If she refuse to do this, then he has his answer (she cheated), as there is no good reason not to do this other than she is lying.

He then needs to visit her friend to ask the friend why they did not let her call your friend when she was staying with the friend for those 3 days.

Edited by Try
  • Like 1
I'm not sure why we always say things with such absolute certainty.

Cheating? More likely than not.

Because we have seen this story played out enough times to know what

happened that weekend. As is you seen a movie ninety nine times and

you are now watching it for the one hundredth time. You know the story

so well that you are able to say all the actors line just before they speak

them.

• Like 2
She could have just wanted space and didn't feel enough respect for him to let him know. Maybe she wanted to punish him and make him worry. I don't think it means she cheated. But it was a definitely a good way to weaken the trust needed for any relationship. I couldn't marry someone that did that. Having that cloud of doubt whether she cheated and just not feeling respected, seeing how inconsiderate she is -- nope couldn't marry her.

Punish him?

As if he was a dog?

Get me mad and I'll make you regret it?

Dating is the job interview for marriage. This woman failed the interview.

• Like 2

My girlfriend did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Said she was going to her friends for a cottage weekend, and I couldn't get a hold of her for 3 days. She said that there was no cell service, but it's our friends cottage and I've been there several times and THEY HAVE CELL SERVICE! I read this article and now I'm certain she is cheating: https://www.haywoodhunt.ca/catch-a-cheating-spouse-with-these-private-investigator-tactics/

1.) She got a new haircut and started wearing perfume to work.

2.) Her phone beep when she gets a text, but she doesn't check it while I'm in the room.

3.) Our sex life has pretty much been non existent for the last 5 months. Before that it was good.

4.) She seems distant and not checked in to our relationship.

Should I say something or just let it ride itself out? I've been reading other stories on here and I'm afraid everything will come crumbling down if I confront her. Is there a better way to bring it up to her without seeming like I'm accusing her of something I can't prove?

I've been reading other stories on here and I'm afraid everything will come crumbling down if I confront her. Is there a better way to bring it up to her without seeming like I'm accusing her of something I can't prove?

It does not matter if you can prove it or not.

This is not a criminal trial. It is a relationship.

If you are scared to confront her she already has you by the nuts and you sell yourself short because you are setting yourself up to be Plan B in any best case scenario. Because you accept such treatment it snowballs into every aspect of your life. And people will see you as weak and act accordingly.

You can walk away at any time. Why people do not understand that is beyond me. Life is far too shot to be scared of losing someone they love through no fault of their own.

My girlfriend did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Said she was going to her friends for a cottage weekend, and I couldn't get a hold of her for 3 days. She said that there was no cell service, but it's our friends cottage and I've been there several times and THEY HAVE CELL SERVICE! I read this article and now I'm certain she is cheating: https://www.haywoodhunt.ca/catch-a-cheating-spouse-with-these-private-investigator-tactics/

1.) She got a new haircut and started wearing perfume to work.

2.) Her phone beep when she gets a text, but she doesn't check it while I'm in the room.

3.) Our sex life has pretty much been non existent for the last 5 months. Before that it was good.

4.) She seems distant and not checked in to our relationship.

Should I say something or just let it ride itself out? I've been reading other stories on here and I'm afraid everything will come crumbling down if I confront her. Is there a better way to bring it up to her without seeming like I'm accusing her of something I can't prove?

What exactly would come crumbling down? The farce you two are living?

Don't be a doormat. Break up with the two timing hoe.

• Author
confusedmandi

So IL just say I agree with everyone. I think my friends fiance was either doing drugs or cheating. I guess it's possible she was mad and was trying to teach him a lesson but I find that unlikely. Her father really was in her hospital because he went with his fiance to see him the day before she disappeared. A D when she returned home on Monday she was sick. My friend says she's irresponsible And it's ignorant that she couldn't find a way to contact him for three days. He doesn't think her coworker wouldn't let her use the phone. She says she was suppose to work Friday went to coworkers house to pick her up and fell so ill she couldn't drive and had to stay at coworkers house. Me? I don't believe a word of the story because she just has an answer that borders on unbelievable for everything. If it was just one day I may believe it.. But three on a weekend? No! A D I learned from my friend his fiance has gone off the grid, phone died for twenty four hours twice before. The most recent before this she said she was very upset and didnt want to be bothered. And FYI the reason she was upset had nothing to do with her fiance.