So let me start this off by saying that I've never felt more guilty in my life.

I've been dating this girl for awhile now and a few weeks ago we went through an argument just like couples do and I thought it may have been the end of things for our relationship. She began to block me on everything she could, all social media sites and my phone number in general. She doesn't live with me so I was blocked from all communication from her for a week. In that week I was feeling really depressed and down about how the situation had ended with us and a friend told me that we should hang out. Didn't think anything of it so we did. It was at my house late at night and we talked about the whole and told her that I don't know if we're still together or not from this because I've been completely blocked for a week and long story short we ended up having sex. A few days later she unblocked me and told me that she was pregnant. We talked things out and now things have gotten back to normal but I still have this guilt over me. I feel absolutely terrible for what I did. Even though we were "not communicating" I couldn't help but to feel terrible. I don't know what to do. This has been keeping me up all night and having me on edge that the other girl will tell my now pregnant girlfriend. My girlfriend was very suicidal awhile back and went into treatment for it and since has been recovering fine but I fear to death that if the news gets out that it'll god forbid have her self harm herself. I feel horrible. I don't know what to do. She's the love of my life and is now carrying what will be my first born. Please help

You shouldn't feel guilty you were practically broken up and there's nothing You can do to change what's happened. Would your friend have any reason to tell your girlfriend ? Like does the friend have feelings for you or was it just a hookup? Maybe you're stressing over nothing.

Edited by Fatty23
Typo
  • Author
You shouldn't feel guilty you were practically broken up and there's nothing You can do to change what's happened. Would your friend have any reason to tell your girlfriend ? Like does the friend have feelings for you or was it just a hookup? Maybe you're stressing over nothing.

Thank you for your reply. Yes we were technically broken up in a way but it's still the thought of it. And the girl is now my friend but use to be a girl whom I would go out on dates with. She knows me on a personal level. This was our first and last time having sex. She had feelings for me. When I told her that we were working things out and that my girlfriend was pregnant she flipped out and said that she deserves to know that we just had sex. I asked her not to tell her and she said she wouldn't but I just have this gut feeling that she might.

Don't ask don't tell. You were free to hump whomever you wanted.

The only reason your ex contacted you was because she pregnant, not because she wants this work. If I were you I would make sure it's yours.

• Like 2
So let me start this off by saying that I've never felt more guilty in my life.

I've been dating this girl for awhile now and a few weeks ago we went through an argument just like couples do and I thought it may have been the end of things for our relationship. She began to block me on everything she could, all social media sites and my phone number in general. She doesn't live with me so I was blocked from all communication from her for a week. In that week I was feeling really depressed and down about how the situation had ended with us and a friend told me that we should hang out. Didn't think anything of it so we did. It was at my house late at night and we talked about the whole and told her that I don't know if we're still together or not from this because I've been completely blocked for a week and long story short we ended up having sex. A few days later she unblocked me and told me that she was pregnant. We talked things out and now things have gotten back to normal but I still have this guilt over me. I feel absolutely terrible for what I did. Even though we were "not communicating" I couldn't help but to feel terrible. I don't know what to do. This has been keeping me up all night and having me on edge that the other girl will tell my now pregnant girlfriend. My girlfriend was very suicidal awhile back and went into treatment for it and since has been recovering fine but I fear to death that if the news gets out that it'll god forbid have her self harm herself. I feel horrible. I don't know what to do. She's the love of my life and is now carrying what will be my first born. Please help

I say this a lot to people with these stories lie yours, and there are a lot of them, and they usually start out an end up the same way...

Badly

So I'll tell you the same thing I would tell any other person with the same conundrum as you find yourself in now...

Part of being an adult is accepting responsibility for our actions be they good or bad. And that means telling her exactly what happened, and let the chips fall where they may. She may toss you aside like yesterday's garbage, she may not, but that really is for her to decide.

If the roles were reversed, would you not want to know

Because you don't sound like a person that can keep his trap shut, and I am pretty sure your friend that you banged isn't either. Somehow, some way the love of your life whom you've only been seeing for a few months will find out.

Better from you than a third party. I am sure one of you told at least one other person what happened, so it is just a matter of time before this chick finds out.

They always do. Just be aware that if indeed this girl is pregnant and it is yours and she decides to keep the baby that you will be at the very least be co parent for the next 18 years. Think about that...the next 18 years.

So let her know now so it dos not come out at a much worse time than it already is for letting her know. Again, time to stop being a kid and start being an adult.

Incidentally, for some odd reason people tend to assume that just because someone goes dark on them for a few weeks means they will never pop up in their life again, and just like that they return like Rasputin. And especially if you though she was suicidal in the first place, do you think assuming it was just over and deciding to bang your friend was a really good idea anyway?

I get it you weren't thinking...yeah I know..I know...a stuff dick has no conscience. We've heard it all before here at LS

Looks like you assumed that as well...much to your chagrin.

Oh and I am pretty sure if you want to work this out after spilling the beans you will have to lose the "friend" you banged. Probably a small price to pay by comparison to the turmoil you helped bring about.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your reply. Yes we were technically broken up in a way but it's still the thought of it. And the girl is now my friend but use to be a girl whom I would go out on dates with. She knows me on a personal level. This was our first and last time having sex. She had feelings for me. When I told her that we were working things out and that my girlfriend was pregnant she flipped out and said that she deserves to know that we just had sex. I asked her not to tell her and she said she wouldn't but I just have this gut feeling that she might.

Of course she will.....

I'd bet the farm on it.

You are up to your eyeballs in it so you better get out front of this while you can.

You have to tell your girlfriend the truth and you DO have to end the friendship with the girl.

You messed up, instead of just giving your gf space and seeing what happens, you chose to sleep with someone else so quickly. Did she say it was over and then block you or did you just assume she ended it because she blocked you?

Anyway, your girlfriend now is pregnant with your baby. If you don't tell her there's a good chance this other girl WILL tell her. And who knows who else she told that she had sex with you.

Don't ask don't tell. You were free to hump whomever you wanted.

The only reason your ex contacted you was because she pregnant, not because she wants this work. If I were you I would make sure it's yours.

My thoughts before I read this post was that she blocked you

because she was seeing someone else. You were dumped.

So you did not cheat.

You need to tell your GF that and get a paternity test done. They are

now safe to do before the baby is born because the just draw blood

from the mother.

If you want to marry her then she also has to handle crisis's in

a mature manner and not pull dramas such as going dark and

blocking you.

The truth will set everyone free.