My wife hit on by a guy who thought she was 10 years younger

So my wife and I went to a resort a couple of weeks back. We took our kids with us. We are in the pool/hot tub area when I tell her to go to the sauna and I'll keep an eye on the kids swimming. So she did. My wife is in her early 30s. She looks amazing for a woman who has had multiple children. Doesn't look like she has had any at all. She could pass as someone in their 20s easily and even though she has a body for a bikini, she still wore a one piece bathing suit.

So she is in the sauna and afterwards she tells me about the interaction she had. There was a guy in there maybe 20, 21 years old who was talking to her. She's always been friendly with everyone and starts talking with him as well. He then asks her a personal question on how old she is. Curiously she asks him how old he thinks she is. He said, 21-22 years old. She was floored. She laughed and said she was 32. Then he asked if she was single and she said that she was married and I was out in the pool with our children. Anyway, I finally got my wife to admit that it was flattering to have someone think she was younger. She admitted it. Then I told her if it was equally flattering to be hit on by someone 10 years her junior. She didn't think he was hitting on her. My wife always tries to see things in a more innocent light but I told her that she was totally getting hit on.

Anyway, I was actually flattered to be honest. I am not the jealous type, neither of us are, but I don't mind someone else thinking my wife is a great catch. Not that it changes my mind about her but does anyone else feel proud when their wife/husband gets hit on by someone?

• Like 6

Hahaha my husband and I like this game.

Not to toot my own horn (okay too late), but I get hit on pretty often by guys much younger than I am, and often get guessed that I am younger than my years.

Sometimes my husband will get a little jealous, but more often it's a turn on. Just last night as we were getting ready to go out he said something along the lines that I was looking hot and he almost wished some guy would hit on me - we tend to turn that "tension" into extra fun in the bedroom.

And I like it when he gets hit on - man one night some girl told him he had amazing eyes and asked for his number. First I thought damn she's ballsy, then thought, man, he does have amazing eyes, followed by thoughts of him being mine and the naughty things I will do to him ;)

• Like 2
  • Author

Oh absolutely..............any relationship worth its salt the people involved capitalize on things like this instead of petty jealousy. If anything it translates into more of a turn on and even better appreciation for each other. An ex of mine would have turned something like this into an entire evening of fighting. I like it my way better the way my wife and I deal with it, who wouldn't?

• Like 2
Not that it changes my mind about her but does anyone else feel proud when their wife/husband gets hit on by someone?

Sure!

You know what is especially awesome?

When your wife admits to you that she hates sex unless it's with friends of yours...lol

• Like 2
  • Author
Sure!

You know what is especially awesome?

When your wife admits to you that she hates sex unless it's with friends of yours...lol

Ouch.............yeah that would suck. Sorry to hear that.

Ouch.............yeah that would suck. Sorry to hear that.

Oh it wasn't me. One f my friend's wives actually came up with tat line when they got divorced, pretty awful though she revelled in driving him crazy lol

We all need validation sometimes and it's impossible to hide from other people's eyes, especially if you're good looking. While I don't indulge in straight out flirting and expect the same of my partner, there's nothing harmful in feeling flattered by compliments and being hit on. We and our egos don't stop existing once in a relationship. When I'm complimented, I say thank you and smile, what else I'm I supposed to do - run screaming for help? Scowl at the person? Be rude? Nope.

If I hear that someone finds my partner attractive and tries hitting on them, it makes me go into teasing mode, like "ooh, so what should I do to keep my desirable boyfriend from being snatched, huh?" :p But, to be honest, I wasn't too happy when one of my ex told me how a girl hit on him and mentioned that he was extra flattered because she was hot. Such details can be left out, haha.

Answering to your question - I think it's normal to feel a bit proud since it's you who scored that person others lust for and it's also normal to feel openly flattered by compliments.

The only thing that wouldn't be acceptable for me is flirting back which your wife obviously didn't do. :)

• Like 2

Good thing both of you are not the jealous type, These things happen, more often than one would think of. Good thing you still find her very attractive and you can't blame other men for finding her attractive too. As long as you both know that nothing you do is crossing a line, everything is fine!

CommittedToThis

There are women of integrity who know how to accept compliments from strangers and have the morals to tastefully deflect any outright attempts at being hit on, and then there are women who lack integrity who will jump at the chance to flirt back with anyone who gives them the time of day.

I'm seeking one of the former, like Clockwork's wife. Good catch, dude.

I was with a bombshell for 6 years, she looked a bit like Elizabeth Taylor and was built like a brick house; she'd get hit on a lot and it was always a turn-on for both of us, something to take back to the bedroom.

I thought this was going to turn into a jealousy post but happy to see it was positive! I enjoy it, it makes us hold each other a little tighter.

He was just trying to bang her.. tell her what he thought would work..

Not that your wife doesn't look young but in this case he probably would've told any woman he was hitting on they looked 10 years younger...

DrReplyInRhymes

I really can't imagine a feeling better than what you just described. That pride of having the love of a woman who is desired by others, and her refusal to even entertain the other guy is even better.

Really, an attractive wife getting hit on goes with the territory. If he insists, her turning him down in front of you with a kiss, or loving eyes on you when she says "I have a man, but thank you for the compliment" is such a great feeling. That feeling is euphoric, at least for me.

When she stares at him while standing next to you refusing to touch you, winking at him, secretly exchanging numbers, etc....not so much.

My wife gets checked out and hit on and she never entertains it which is a great feeling. It is good to have a trustworthy, loyal and gorgeous woman in your life.

• Author
I really can't imagine a feeling better than what you just described. That pride of having the love of a woman who is desired by others, and her refusal to even entertain the other guy is even better.

Really, an attractive wife getting hit on goes with the territory. If he insists, her turning him down in front of you with a kiss, or loving eyes on you when she says "I have a man, but thank you for the compliment" is such a great feeling. That feeling is euphoric, at least for me.

When she stares at him while standing next to you refusing to touch you, winking at him, secretly exchanging numbers, etc....not so much.

Yes I agree. My wife has never been shy to let on she is happily married. And yes, it is a turn-on. A loyal wife who I still find as sexy as the day I met her is a tough find.

My husband wouldn't take it well, so I never tell him about such things .... except once this guy didn't realise I was with my H and he was moving in. I wanted to send him a telepathic message, but it wasn't to be.

I then realised I had to stop it and said "Sorry, I'm married. This is my husband"

My husband was a bit frosty with me for a while.

The guy was after a wife (it was at a traditional/cultural wedding), so it was somewhat flattering that he thought me, mother of 3 was a likely bride.