How do you guys feel about your girlfriend giving out her number &

If you are included in these friendships, then maybe. And you can start getting girl's numbers - just for friends, of course!

It's possible, but you may be able to tell that I'm skeptical ...

• Like 1

I think we all know why guys ask pretty women for their phone numbers.

And we also know what they think when they get that number.

She's either very sketchy or very naive.

Take care.

• Like 3
  • Author

Well seeing how she's lied to me in the past. She hid a guys number in her phone as another name because she said she didn't want to upset me. There's where my sense of skepticism comes from

• Like 2
  • Author
Is this a serious question??

You might be as naive as your girlfriend.

No bueno.

Well seeing how she's lied to me in the past. She hid a guys number in her phone as another name because she said she didn't want to upset me. There's where my sense of skepticism comes from

Michelle ma Belle

Umm...it seems you already know the answer to your own question. Why do you need a bunch of strangers to confirm it for you?

• Like 2

Well that is the real issue. Deceit, lying, hiding things, etc. That is the stuff that kills even the otherwise healthiest of relationships.

I do think it is possible to have friends of the gender they find attractive when in a relationship, without it being anything sketch.

But deceit is a poison to all human bonds.

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

Honestly, I'm continually gobsmacked by the level of tolerance some people have for inappropriate and disrespectful behaviors displayed by the people who are supposed to love and honor them.

I mean, what does it take for you to see them as they are?

What is your breaking point?

Whenever I see this, I question how much self worth someone has to allow their significant other to blatantly disrespect them.

All that comes to mind when I see this is the quote; we teach people how to treat us.

As much as we all may want to chase this chick away with a pitchfork, YOU are just as much to blame for how things are in your relationship by allowing it to continue.

• Like 8
Honestly, I'm continually gobsmacked by the level of tolerance some people have for inappropriate and disrespectful behaviors displayed by the people who are supposed to love and honor them.

Whenever I see this, I question how much self worth someone has to allow their significant other to blatantly disrespect them.

All that comes to mind when I see this is the quote; we teach people how to treat us.

As much as we all may want to chase this chick away with a pitchfork, YOU are just as much to blame for how things are in your relationship by allowing it to continue.

I agree with this X1000!^^^^

Behavior like this by my SO would not be acceptable, and I'd be gone in the blink of an eye! Guys and gals: You do not have to put up with being disrespected by your supposed mates, for sake of having a relationship. It's not worth the loss of your self-worth and eventual heartache!

OP, the fact that you are seeking opinions here, tells me that you know her "make friends" statement is likely BS. What really only matters is how her actions make you feel, and whether you find them acceptable to you. My guess is this really bothering you, and only YOU can put a stop to it by either walking away, or really having a honest discussion with her about how this is bothering you.

• Like 1

Smin,

I hope you are not as naive as your question seems.

If you have any sense, your first move will be to get a new and different girlfriend. If you don't you will be played like a banjo

It is far easier for people to remain silent, stick their heads in the sand and hope these type of things go away. Then when they don't go away they act in a visceral fashion lashing out at anyone within reach.

It is because this generation has basically been brought up to believe that accountability is something someone else should worry about. Younger generations have a much more casual view of relationships, that is, of course, until something bad happens to their relationship.

It is not unlike George Costanza on Seinfeld when he was asked if he believes in God....

"For the bad stuff, yes"

lol.

I think we all need a Michelle in our lives to smack some sense into us.

• Like 4
I think we all need a Michelle in our lives to smack some sense into us.

Right on ! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 3

We all need a Michelle ma Belle period...

But I am with her and most others on this.

I asked a question a while back about people being naïve, and here is a perfect example.

If this is a real post, and I am assuming that it is, and OP is not 12 years old I am just flabbergasted.

OP, you are being played on so many levels. She is cheating on you with who knows how many others.

What she is doing is keeping sweet adorable foolish BF around (YOU) until she finds one that she likes better and then you get dumped.

Mean while, I hope at least you are getting laid regularly, be cause I assure you she is.

Guess what your next move should be?

• Like 4
Michelle ma Belle
It is far easier for people to remain silent, stick their heads in the sand and hope these type of things go away. Then when they don't go away they act in a visceral fashion lashing out at anyone within reach.

It is because this generation has basically been brought up to believe that accountability is something someone else should worry about. Younger generations have a much more casual view of relationships, that is, of course, until something bad happens to their relationship.

It is not unlike George Costanza on Seinfeld when he was asked if he believes in God....

"For the bad stuff, yes"

lol.

I might agree with you to an extent however this kind of blind tolerance is coming from ALL generations. You don't have to look far on here alone to see the seemingly endless threads started by men and women of all ages and in all sorts of relationships spanning from mere weeks to countless years together all bellyaching about the same things.

You are absolutely correct in that the common denominator in pretty much all of these scenarios is that no one wants to take any accountability. It's an epidemic if you ask me.

If you choose (yes, choose) to stick your head in the sand for whatever reasons you feel validates you and your situation then you shouldn't be allowed to gripe about your troubles over and over and over again.

That's my take on it.

• Like 3

I agree Ma Belle..

But at the same time, I know that I put up with some crazy things in my marriage before I woke up about a lot of things.

At first I was just young and stupid, then it just seemed like you got use to crazy and it was all you knew. It was not until I got older and somehow got a moment of clarity that I was able to grow and understand that crazy was not normal.

So I don't know, I don't think even then I was a naïve as some of these people, bless their hearts.

Michelle ma Belle
I agree Ma Belle..

But at the same time, I know that I put up with some crazy things in my marriage before I woke up about a lot of things.

At first I was just young and stupid, then it just seemed like you got use to crazy and it was all you knew. It was not until I got older and somehow got a moment of clarity that I was able to grow and understand that crazy was not normal.

So I don't know, I don't think even then I was a naïve as some of these people, bless their hearts.

Fair point BP. The problem still remains that nothing changes until someone gets that moment of clarity! And you only get that moment when you pull your head out of the sand and stop pointing blame for whatever problems you have in your life.

It all starts with YOU, no matter the issue.

Don't like something? Change it or change yourself.

• Like 1

And why isn't she your ex gf?

• Like 2

This is a question I think you know the answer to. What you probably are really looking for posting here is validation about it being wrong.

Yep, it's wrong. It's disrespectful to you. It's not what anyone in a relationship would do if they don't want to lose the person their in a relationship with.

I wouldn't do it, you probably wouldn't do it.

There, you are validated.

How do you guys feel about your girlfriend giving out her number & talking to guys. She says it's to make friends. Love to hear your feedback.

Depends what else is going on. The question you made by itself honestly could go both ways without detail. I mean, what more do you see in her personality habits, how she acts around other guys with you, etc.

-Is she in a committed official relationship with you?

-Who are these guys? Where did she meet them? Are they single? Did she meet them on the spot.. or old hs friends?

-Do these guys know she is dating anyone?

-Are you sure of that?...

-Do they even know you exist?

-Do they know you exist and you are more than her 'buddy' ?

-Is she only adding guys or is it like 1 girl for every 10 guys?

need more detail