Am I Overreacting??

I was in the car with my boyfriend of three years and his female friend called who he hadn't talked to for a while. He asked if it was okay to answer the phone and I said yeah (he confessed a long time ago that he'd date her if she lived closer but maintains that they're just friends and he doesn't look at her as more than a friend.)

Anyway, he answered and said 'Hey it's really good to hear from you.' He said he just said that cause he wanted to cut the call short cause I was there and he didn't want to be rude.

I felt uncomfortable because I feel like 'It's good to hear from you' is kinda synonymous with' I've missed you.'

Someone tell me I'm just being nuts?

Dunno. He did it in front of you, he asked you.

I'm assuming there was a rest of the conversation that wasn't that bad since you didn't mention it.

How long have you been dating ?

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

Stop over analyzing this for heaven's sake.

The fact that your bf had the decency to ask you for permission to answer his phone and speak with her and have a chat while in front of you is already more than what most men would do. You should be focusing and celebrating THAT rather than picking it apart and looking for trouble.

To answer your question, YES!

• Like 1

I would look at why he had her number in his phone, or at least recognised the number on his display.

Na, me thinks, ye shall need to be a little cautious.

He only asked for permission because he was in a spot I reckon..

Na, I still would need to see why the number was in his phone..

Cant get passed this..

Ted.

• Author

How long have you been dating ?

About three years.

Stop over analyzing this for heaven's sake.

The fact that your bf had the decency to ask you for permission to answer his phone and speak with her and have a chat while in front of you is already more than what most men would do. You should be focusing and celebrating THAT rather than picking it apart and looking for trouble.

To answer your question, YES!

Yeah, good point..

Na, I still would need to see why the number was in his phone

He's been friends with her forever, she's saved in his phone, her name came up.. not just a phone number.

If you find this inappropriate then tell him. Learn to set boundaries in your relationship.

I did, hopefully it doesn't happen again. I just get worried that he'll say or do something else that doesn't seem weird or inappropriate but if i heard it.. would make me feel really weird :/

Some people say "it's really great to hear from you" as an automatic response to practically all their friends they haven't heard from in a while.

And just because she's an old crush, that he might be looking forward to hearing from even more, it doesn't mean he would like her more than you. If one of my old crushes contacted me, I would be happy to hear from them even if I was over them.

If you really want to know how much he likes her compared to you, you'd need something else....like watch his reactions when he talks about her, see his first reaction when she contacts him, etc. I've found facial expression and their attitude when they talk about them is a better indicator of lingering emotions a guy has for someone.