How do I get her to stop liking me?

There's a girl in class who has been showing interest for the past six months. Despite me not showing any interest back, she still hasn't stopped and it's really starting to annoy me. She's looking at me literally every day and is always trying to be close to me. I've barely looked at her hoping she would get the message that I'm not interested but she won't stop.

I feel bad for her, but do you have any suggestions on how I can get her to stop staring at me, or even better, stop liking me? I don't want to be rude and tell her to stop staring at me though because she seems like a nice girl.

Has she ever spoken to you and expressed interest? What class is this that you've been in for the past 6 months? Is the semester close to ending for you? Just ignore her.

You can't control someone elses actions, but you can control yours.. she's probably trying to get you to ask her out and by you not showing any interest she will give up eventually. Do you sit by her? Ask the teacher to move you if she has easy access to getting close to you.

• Like 1
  • Author
Has she ever spoken to you and expressed interest? What class is this that you've been in for the past 6 months? Is the semester close to ending for you? Just ignore her.

Yeah she's been trying to strike up converstations with me a couple of times but we haven't talked much really.

We have multiple classes together and it's not going to end soon. I've been trying to ignore her all this time and it hasn't worked, but perhaps if I continue to ignore her she'll stop soon? Or should I try to stare her down sometimes when she stares at me? :confused:

You can't control someone elses actions, but you can control yours.. she's probably trying to get you to ask her out and by you not showing any interest she will give up eventually. Do you sit by her? Ask the teacher to move you if she has easy access to getting close to you.

I've been hoping she would give up but it's been like six months now, which is crazy. I've not showed any interest back, at all.

I'm hoping she'll stop showing interest soon because sometimes it makes me a but uncomfortable knowing she's staring at me 24/7.

I think you should focus on your schoolwork and ignore her. From what you've stated, she's not doing anything that would be considered harassment. If you stare at her while she's staring at you, she might see that as you being interested. Just try to stop looking in her direction and pretend like she's not there.

• Like 3

Sounds like your a nice bloke, if you want to tell her without being rude, or uncaring.

Just tell her that at your age, you don't want to be in a relationship with a girl right now.

Your having fun with your mates, and life without wanting to expand or infringe on that with a girlfriend.

Tell her you can be friends only, and say hello here and there, but nothing more.

Don't let her keep getting more emotionally attached to you for too long.

Most of all please be mindful, that's its a young person, and you can and will bring pain in her life. How you do it, will determine her recovery time.

But, what I wish more for, is this girl grow up to look like Charlize Theron, and rub it in your face in 10 years or so !.

Everyone deserves a chance..

Ted.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sounds like your a nice bloke, if you want to tell her without being rude, or uncaring.

Just tell her that at your age, you don't want to be in a relationship with a girl right now.

Your having fun with your mates, and life without wanting to expand or infringe on that with a girlfriend.

Tell her you can be friends only, and say hello here and there, but nothing more.

Most of all please be mindful, that's its a young person, and you can and will bring pain in her life. How you do it, will determine her recovery time.

But, what I wish more for, is this girl grow up to look like Charlize Theron, and rub it in your face in 10 years or so !.

Ted.

That's what I'm going to say to her if she one day decides to ask me out or something similar. We're not talking though so there's a risk that she will keep staring at me until she one day gets sick of it.

She's not ugly, she looks pretty average but I'm just not feeling anything for this girl.

I get this a lot from girls. I get flirted with a lot.

I told a girl who was all over me that I was gay and instead of taking the hint she challenged me to give her a try and she'd convert me. :lmao:

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Three months later she still hasn't stopped staring at me. :mad:

Look, how do I tell her that I'm not interested without hurting her feelings? We're barely talking because I avoid her all the time but she still won't stop.

It's really annoying because I see her every day and I can't wait till school is over because we're gonna have the same classes for a long time.

Ted.

UM, he's a young person as well and has every right not to be interested in her that way. Plus, he can't control her emotions.

Look, how do I tell her that I'm not interested without hurting her feelings? We're barely talking because I avoid her all the time but she still won't stop.

It's really annoying because I see her every day and I can't wait till school is over because we're gonna have the same classes for a long time.

The next time she stares at you ask her "why do you stare at me?" with a straight face and no smile. If she tells you she's interested tell her you are not. If she doesn't say anything perhaps she got the message.

Go eat a ton of Arby's, walk up to her and belch in her face and tell her you'll give her 10 bucks if she can "Guess Your Lunch".

That should do it.

• Author
Go eat a ton of Arby's, walk up to her and belch in her face and tell her you'll give her 10 bucks if she can "Guess Your Lunch".

That should do it.

Why don't you just make her President of the fan club, and tell her to start recruiting more members?

:laugh:

The next time she stares at you ask her "why do you stare at me?" with a straight face and no smile. If she tells you she's interested tell her you are not. If she doesn't say anything perhaps she got the message.

I'm actually going to try and do that, even if I will come off as a bit rude. Can't wait to see her reaction.

:laugh:

I'm actually going to try and do that, even if I will come off as a bit rude. Can't wait to see her reaction.

Don't.

Being cruel is not the answer. If the roles were reversed if you liked somebody who didn't like you back, would you want to be humiliated?

Simply continue to ignore her. Eventually she will give up & go away.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't.

Being cruel is not the answer. If the roles were reversed if you liked somebody who didn't like you back, would you want to be humiliated?

Simply continue to ignore her. Eventually she will give up & go away.

I might just ask her "Do I have something on my face..?" when she looks at me.

I want to believe that she will give up one day but she has been showing interest for such a long time.. and hasn't stopped even though I have been ignoring her completely. I guess I'll have to keep waiting and just hope for the best.

Like I said at the beginning of this thread...let her see you with your arm around another girl....it will snuff out her staring.

Don't really see why this is a problem.

If your not interested simply ignore her and pretend that she does not even exist in the class.

Unfortunately you simply can not stop someone starring at you. I mean you can try the blunt approach but chances are that if shes really infatuated with your looks then she might not be able to help continuing lol. I know i have stared at women without even realizing it :D

As d0nnivain says just don't. Asking if you have something on your face is more than rude. It will humiliate her and if so some reason down the line you do show any interests in the females in your school i can almost guarantee you wont get much results. Word travels fast and if you start acting like that chances are you will get known as the school dick.

Honestly i would take it as a huge ego booster that this girl has actually shown interest for so long. Not saying your obligated to show interest back but just enjoy the attention i guess?

Edited by berry1
  • Author
Like I said at the beginning of this thread...let her see you with your arm around another girl....it will snuff out her staring.

I tried to hang around girls more and do similar stuff like you mentioned but it didn't really change her level of interest.

Don't really see why this is a problem.

If your not interested simply ignore her and pretend that she does not even exist in the class.

Unfortunately you simply can not stop someone starring at you. I mean you can try the blunt approach but chances are that if shes really infatuated with your looks then she might not be able to help continuing lol. I know i have stared at women without even realizing it :D

As d0nnivain says just don't. Asking if you have something on your face is more than rude. It will humiliate her and if so some reason down the line you do show any interests in the females in your school i can almost guarantee you wont get much results. Word travels fast and if you start acting like that chances are you will get known as the school dick.

Honestly i would take it as a huge ego booster that this girl has actually shown interest for so long. Not saying your obligated to show interest back but just enjoy the attention i guess?

It is a problem because I don't like to be stared at constantly. So when this girl is staring at me every single day in class, it becomes quite annoying.. You're right that I should just enjoy the attention, and to be honest I did in the beginning. It really was an ego boost for me but now I'm getting sick of it. I can't believe that she's still interested in me after such a long time when I have ignored her completely. :confused:

And thanks for letting me know that that comment would come off as rude.