Cheated on my boyfriend of 2 years, I don't know

Good afternoon everyone,

I been in a monogamous relationship with my partner of 2 years, we started being distant with each other. About 3 weeks ago I cheated on him with this man who had been giving me attention. Now this man I cheated on him with calls me and tells me that he's having some "burning" symptoms. Now I am freaking out and I don't know what the hell to do!!! I scheduled an appointment a while back for the OB/GYN and its for tomorrow afternoon.

What if I have contracted a STD?

What if I gave it to my boyfriend?

At this point I want to get tested, wait for the results and see what happens.

I cannot believe I did this, what the hell was I thinking. Please advise, anyone go through anything like this?

• Author

I do not want to break up with my boyfriend. We have been trying to work on things, I see his effort and I'm such a moron for doing this...

Stop thinking about yourself for a change. Have some consideration, come clean and end it. Your BF deserves better don't you think?

• Like 5
ManyDissapoint
I do not want to break up with my boyfriend. We have been trying to work on things, I see his effort and I'm such a moron for doing this...

That's for him to decide once you tell him that you cheated. Do him a favor and come clean because you are now putting his health in serious danger and not just his heart. In fact send him this way so we can give him some support.

• Like 4

I am afraid that ship has sailed.

You need to simply let your boyfriend know what you did. You do realize you not only cheated on him but have now possibly exposed him to a health risk of unknown magnitude?

You need to inform him now. STD's are nothing to toy with and can contribute to a host of other health problems down the road.

If you have any feelings for your boyfriend whatsoever you will let him know ASAP. Yes it will be difficult and embarrassing, but part of being an adult is taking responsibility for our actions, regardless of the outcome.

• Like 5
Good afternoon everyone,

I been in a monogamous relationship with my partner of 2 years, we started being distant with each other. About 3 weeks ago I cheated on him with this man who had been giving me attention. Now this man I cheated on him with calls me and tells me that he's having some "burning" symptoms. Now I am freaking out and I don't know what the hell to do!!! I scheduled an appointment a while back for the OB/GYN and its for tomorrow afternoon.

What if I have contracted a STD?

What if I gave it to my boyfriend?

At this point I want to get tested, wait for the results and see what happens.

I cannot believe I did this, what the hell was I thinking. Please advise, anyone go through anything like this?

If you choose the behavior you choose the possible/likely consequences and you own them. Go to the doctor, get the results and whatever the results are, you go to your boyfriend you tell him what you've done, that you understand how this affects him and then tell him you went to the doctor and give him the results and face those consequences with maturity.

what the hell was I thinking -- You sure weren't thinking about consequences or your boyfriend . . .

And, then you start thinking about whether or not he was the one carrying the STD . . . I think you both are probably rowing a sinking boat . . .

• Like 3

OP, you need to be honest with your boyfriend.

You took a gigantic risk and it's just plain wrong to keep this from him, particularly when his health is on the line.

• Like 2

OP is only regretting because she may have STD now.

She is not really sorry for the cheating part and is still being selfish to "see what to do after the test result".

I bet she is going to deny and lie her ass off about this cheating if she comes out clean.

• Like 6
OP is only regretting because she may have STD now.

She is not really sorry for the cheating part and is still being selfish to "see what to do after the test result".

I bet she is going to deny and lie her ass off about this cheating if she comes out clean.

Could be...The wait and see attitude is beyond selfish and although disturbing is not uncommon.

Initially, cheaters are regretful as opposed to remorseful. Actual remorse takes a long time to achieve and takes a lot of introspection after there are consequences that have been suffered. Thus far, OP is playing it close to the vest and probably going to wait this out.

The real sad part is that some STDs act differently in people so she may get tested and initially come out clean and never worry about it again until it rear its nasty head months down the line. All the while putting another human being at risk by omission.

Scary stuff.

• Like 2

Get STD tests first, we'll scold you on the cheating part later.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I think what u did is disgusting, especially to ur bf, I'm not here to judge, I think u should stop being intimate with ur bf and being honest to why, and let HIM decide if he wants to continue this relationship, I'm not saying u should give up on it, but I feel he has to have a say in all this, I also think it would be unbearable for him, if he finds our from someone else or the guy himself or even sees the tests by mistake or answers ur phone and have the clinic on the other line.

Anyhow, I hope u do the right thing and tell him, I hope he forgives u after that but honestly I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.

Keep us posted.