Is a "moment" generally mutual?

Imagine you're talking with a member of the opposite sex you're attracted to.

So you're talking to each other, or you're busy doing something else, and then suddenly you look at each other without saying a word. You keep looking at each other and have this kind of "moment" - well at least that's what it feels for you, and maybe them (?).

When does this happen?

Is it usually mutual?

Imagine you're talking with a member of the opposite sex you're attracted to.

So you're talking to each other, or you're busy doing something else, and then suddenly you look at each other without saying a word. You keep looking at each other and have this kind of "moment" - well at least that's what it feels for you, and maybe them (?).

When does this happen?

Is it usually mutual?

It would have to be mutual. Maintaining eye contact for more that a second or two makes most individuals uncomfortable.

I'd have to say it would happen when the relationship has progressed to a point beyond the casual stage. Saying when, in terms of time, would be difficult. It may be only a day or two or it might be weeks or months. It depends on the individuals.

• Like 1
  • Author
It would have to be mutual. Maintaining eye contact for more that a second or two makes most individuals uncomfortable.

I'd have to say it would happen when the relationship has progressed to a point beyond the casual stage. Saying when, in terms of time, would be difficult. It may be only a day or two or it might be weeks or months. It depends on the individuals.

Interesting.

Well, I've had two occasions where this has happened. Both girls already being in relationships, so it didn't go anywhere.

When I had this "moment" with the first girl I felt so good... I felt exhilarated!

Second time was only a few days ago and it was my brother's GF... so of course, nothing happened there either.

But anyway, I just wanted to know about the "moment" when you lock eyes for several seconds.

Interesting.

Well, I've had two occasions where this has happened. Both girls already being in relationships, so it didn't go anywhere.

When I had this "moment" with the first girl I felt so good... I felt exhilarated!

Second time was only a few days ago and it was my brother's GF... so of course, nothing happened there either.

But anyway, I just wanted to know about the "moment" when you lock eyes for several seconds.

Here's a bit from an article on flirting signs.

Eye Contact

Holding eye contact is a surprisingly intimate action and is one of the most commonly missed flirting signs.

In a study conducted in 1989 by Kellerman, Lewis and Laird, prolonged eye contact can even make people fall in love. In the study, opposite sex participants were asked to gaze into each other’s eyes for two minutes. After the two minutes the participants stated they felt a significant increase in feelings of passion and love.

Naturally, we tend to hold eye contact longer with people we like. This often occurs in a public setting. When we see someone we find attractive, we’ll usually keep an eye on their whereabouts for the remainder of our stay at this setting.

Many times, this is when guys and girls will make extended eye contact with a complete stranger…

…sometimes three, even four times.

There could even be a smile thrown in here and there, yet, there is rarely ever follow up to these encounters.

Men – next time you’re wondering whether a girl is interested, take her 2-3 second eye contact as a sign that she is.

Non-romantic eye contact lasts only about one second on average. If she holds eye contact for an extended period of time, she’s probably interested. If you make eye contact with her multiple times in one setting, you better have your best pickup line ready to approach her.

Pro Tip: Eye contact is helpful for more than just flirting. Check out this article on the benefits of eye contact.

Is She Interested? 7 Common Flirting Signs [From Her]

Edited by NeotericJack