He requested for one night stand

I'm a 43 years old woman in relationship with a 26 years old guy. We have been together for 5 months. Our relationship is like a roller coaster ride both emotional and physical intimacy. He's everything I have been looking for in a guy. He told me 2 days ago that he is very sure of his love for me and he have decided to inform his parents about us. That's a big deal since we are Asian and his mom especially has warned him before that she can only accept 2 years age gap. But he also told me that he can't promise me that he will be faithful many years later on. I asked him why? He said 10 years later, he might yearn for a younger body and it's only purely physical attraction and one night stand. His only love will be me. When I heard that, my heart was like pierced with multiple sharp knives. I told him I can't accept that and if he respect and loves me, he will not do something that will hurt me. So, I break of with him and choose to remain friends. Please tell me I'm right.

• Like 2

You absolutely made the right choice. The fact that he is already talking and thinking about one night stands 10 years from now is a big red flag. You deserve way better.

• Like 4
I'm a 43 years old woman in relationship with a 26 years old guy. We have been together for 5 months. Our relationship is like a roller coaster ride both emotional and physical intimacy. He's everything I have been looking for in a guy. He told me 2 days ago that he is very sure of his love for me and he have decided to inform his parents about us. That's a big deal since we are Asian and his mom especially has warned him before that she can only accept 2 years age gap. But he also told me that he can't promise me that he will be faithful many years later on. I asked him why? He said 10 years later, he might yearn for a younger body and it's only purely physical attraction and one night stand. His only love will be me. When I heard that, my heart was like pierced with multiple sharp knives. I told him I can't accept that and if he respect and loves me, he will not do something that will hurt me. So, I break of with him and choose to remain friends. Please tell me I'm right.

Well, at least now you know where you stand in the future in his life. That's the downside of dating younger dudes. Their hormones will still go "bazoom" even if you are already don't.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

Ouch! Well, I guess you can give him credit for being so honest with you but at the same time that must have really stung.

Being a 47 year old woman who dates and been in significant relationships with men much younger, I can relate to the struggle of seeing things long term BUT that has always been MY problem and never that of the younger men I've been with.

Just because we're older dating younger doesn't mean we deserve any less than that of any relationship where the age gap is smaller. Unless there is an understanding agreed upon at the start of course.

You absolutely did the right thing. Don't second guess your decision for one moment.

You did the right thing.

5 months is nothing, and he is just in infatuated in you not in love. He spoke the truth of a guy his age. I have talked to many like himself, and they all said the same thing....the sex is great, they have a good time, but there is no long term interest.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your experience in this relationship. I can understand how this can be hurtful for your boyfriend to tell you that he might cheat on you later on. Sometimes we need to take of ourselves and take appropriate actions to make sure that we are in a healthy relationship where a man nurtures you and takes care of you in all aspects.

You did the right thing for you. If you can't accept him sleeping with someone else anytime in the future, then you can't accept him as a partner. There are very few people that would be okay with arrangements like that, and you shouldn't be expected to accept that for yourself.

He's young and hasn't been in the relationship long enough to make such bold commitments to you and be completely honest about it with you or himself.

Its best to cut and run now before feelings grow and you feel hurt even more.

You absolutely made the right choice for yourself. I'm so glad you stood ground in your values, and your choice shows that you respect yourself enough to stick with the type of relationship you truly prefer and want. You go, girl! You deserve better than what he has offered you. You know that, and your choice follows suit. You rock.