Why did he block me? Am I wrong?

There's this guy at my job. He used to hit on me all the time a few years ago but I found out he has a girlfriend. I told him it'd be strictly professional and that's it. Over the years of working together we did form a really strong friendship. Like really strong. We tell eachother everything. It's kind of hard for us not to run into eachother or hear from eachother because we coincidentally have some of the same friends outside of work. His girlfriend started to form a dislike towards me. She always stalks my social media for some reason. I've never done anything to her! I'm always so supportive of their relationship to him. For some reason though she despises me.

I went out of the country with some friends. When I returned a mutual friend called me. He said that he didn't want to bug me while I was out of the country but he wanted to let me know about some things that were going on with the male coworker because he was worried. One thing he told me was REALLY bad and I won't repeat it. The other thing was that his girlfriend was expecting. When I seen him at work I asked him about it and he told me the entire situation. He told me about the bad thing and how it was a misunderstanding. We talked about his girlfriend being pregnant. He mentioned that she is only a few months. I told him that he should be excited. A few days passed and he told me that she suffered a miscarriage. He seemed to be unbothered to be honest. I did mention to him to not tell everyone at work that. Just seems a little strange to spread something so personal. Unfortunately he had already told eveyone. He told everyone that she was a few months but when she got an ultrasound there was no baby there or something like that. Just a very weird story. That same night he told me this, we ended up talking after work in the car. I told him not to be so hard on himself and maybe it isn't the right time for a baby and he said "it isn't the right time". We got deeper into conversation and he eventually kissed me. I pushed him away and burst into tears. For the life of me I have NO idea why I started crying. I have no idea what so ever!! He tried to calm me down and not to cry and that it wasn't a big deal. He apologized for kissing me. When I tried to hug him he said in a bitter tone he'd get in trouble if he got make on him(but you just kissed me idiot). I literally ran away to my car. And went home.

The next day I seen him and I tried to avoid him. When we were in a meeting at work I found a friend and sat close to them. So it wouldn't be awkward. Unfortunately he sat right across from us. He didn't say anything either he just stared from time to time. Last night at work we bumped into eachother a lot. He even cleared his throat once so that id notice him but I just kept walking. I need space. I don't know how I feel about anything.

We trade shifts a lot at work. Another coworker asked me to get in touch with him for a shift trade. I didn't want to text him personally because of his girlfriend. I went to Facebook to message him but I couldn't because he has blocked me. I wasn't his friend on there anyway as I just made a page like last week so I didn't understand why he blocked me. Or how he even knew I had a page. Or if she actually blocked me. I was just really confused. I didn't know if I hurt him or if he was trying to hurt me. Or get me to talk to him.... I miss our friendship but I feel it's broken. I just needed space that's why I haven't been speaking to him.

• Like 1

So, he was hitting on you and when you found out he had a girlfriend, you told him that all future engagement would be strictly professional. I think it's a good thing that he blocked you since you weren't able to keep a boundary.

Aside, what kind of man shares such intimate details about his relationship to everyone at work? It's repulsive. In addition to being a cheater -- you need to find better "friends".

You don't have a friendship. It seems he was unhappy in his relationship or with his partner and was attaching to you. You rejected him and his ego is busted. This time, stick to your boundary -- he has a girlfriend, leave him be, focus on your work, and don't get caught up in all the office drama/gossip.

• Like 5

My first thought was why would your friend think the info he had about this guy was so important to you that he would consider calling you while on vacation to tell you. The gf doesn't like you because she feels (rightfully so) that you have a crush on her bf. Him being relieved about the miscarriage is normal considering they aren't married yet. He may have kissed you because he was feeling emotional at the time about the miscarriage; who knows? He must have regretted the kiss also and that's why he blocked you because he doesn't want to lead you on further. I think you should back away from this friendship with him because you are too emotionally involved with some one else's bf.

This thread is somewhat similar to yours and you may benefit:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/friendship/586134-my-friend-being-manipulated#post6959367

Edited by stillafool
  • Like 3

This was no friendship, it was an emotional affair. it's no wonder his GF was stalking you, she knew something was going on. You don't have to be sexually engaged with someone to have it being an affair. When you get "closer" to someone, you are getting emotionally intimate with them. You cried because you knew this was all a hot mess. You knew that your emotional attachment with each other was over...it was an end to your relationship. You got so caught up in it, you were dependent on that emotional boost from him....now you have nothing *Ka Boom! It was all a sham...it turns out he was playing you to get something on the side, that he didn't value you like you valued him. Tip: never ever get involved emotionally or otherwise, with a coworker, especially one that is in a relationship.

• Like 3

You really shouldn't be this emotionally invested in someone else's serious boyfriend. Conversations in cars, etc. The gf has great intuition.

You should cut your loses and focus on yourself and finding a single, great man to focus your attention on.

• Like 1