I don't understand what I did wrong??

There's this guy I work with. He's been with the company for 4 years where as I've only been with company for a year. They'd pair us to work together a lot and we became great friends. He was always helping me out at work and teaching me things. We both got hurt at work the same week. Like days apart. We were both placed on light duty. During the weeks we were on light duty we got really close because they'd always assign us to the same area. Whenever he needed ANYTHING he'd call me. Sometimes the calls were pointless and I felt like he just wanted to talk to me. Months passed and we were closer than ever. We'd always find eachother at work. Go to eachother for advice and things like that. We were truly great friends.

The past few weeks his attitude has been on and off. Very up and down. We started to bicker a lot. Like a couple almost. It was weird. But whenever we'd have our little spats we wouldn't speak for maybe a week or two but eventually we'd talk again. We had one disagreement because of a misunderstood text. I ended up going off on him. The next time I seen him he greeted my by caressing my stomach (even though we weren't on speaking terms). He then asked me if I had tried to text him because he switched numbers. I ended up texting him but he was very distant. So I simply asked him why he even approached me if he's gonna be distant to me?? He replied by saying he's annoyed with my attitude lately. This was 2 weeks ago.

A week passed so I texted him that I was sorry for snapping at him. He ignored my text. Whenever I seen him at work he'd blatantly ignore me and purposely try not to look my way. It was hurtful. I DID notice that he would maybe get closer to my space but still not talk to me. I didn't understand this at all. I didn't do anything wrong. I texted him on the 4th of July and said that I was sorry if offended him in anyway. I received a text back saying "leave him alone you desperate ho what part of he doesn't want u do u not get" I only said "k" and changed my number and also blocked him on every social media. I seen him at work yesterday and at first I noticed he'd talk to everyone I was talking with. For example if I'm having a conversation with someone he'd start a conversation with them. I walked away whenever he'd do this. He did this twice. On my lunch break I was walking through our food court we walked past eachother he glanced at me and kept walking. I stopped to talk to a friend and as he passed back by he was walking very close to us it was almost like he was gonna walk into our conversation but he only walked really close behind me and chuckled ???? I don't understand at all.

I never did anything wrong. I feel very hurt . I thought he was my friend. I feel so betrayed and I don't understand why he flipped on me all of a sudden.

Edited by Jlowe
Spelling errors
ExpatInItaly

Sounds like his girlfriend found out you two were striking up a friendship and told him to cut you off.

• Author
Sounds like his girlfriend found out you two were striking up a friendship and told him to cut you off.

Yeah and that's understandable but to treat me so rude and laugh when u walk by me? Not necessary

Yeah and that's understandable but to treat me so rude and laugh when u walk by me? Not necessary

Well, he was trying to fool around behind his girlfriend's back so it's not surprising that his behavior is douchey. Chances are he was a jerk but was presenting a fake sweet side to rope you in, but the blessing is he got caught and his true nature has revealed itself. Sounds like he's immature and probably covering his shame and embarrassment by making you feel bad -- this way he takes the focus off himself and dumps it on you. Much easier to point the finger at you than at himself.

• Like 4
ChickiePops

To

Be fair, his girlfriend may have sent that rude text. If she found out about you and confronted him then he probably threw you under the bus and it's easier for her to be angry at you than at him.

• Author
To

Be fair, his girlfriend may have sent that rude text. If she found out about you and confronted him then he probably threw you under the bus and it's easier for her to be angry at you than at him.

That's very true. But to be rude to me and laugh at me at work as if I've done something. That's unnecessary

ExpatInItaly
That's very true. But to be rude to me and laugh at me at work as if I've done something. That's unnecessary

Sure it's unnecessary, but now you know who this guy really is.

He's not who you thought he was.

Ignore him and don't feed into his game. He's a tool.

• Like 1

I will tell you what's going on. This guy has a mad crush on you. This is NOT a friendship to him, he wants you bad, and is in a way having an emotional affair with you because of your "closeness". He pulls back because he knows he is doing something he should be doing, and is worried about getting busted by his GF. He got busted and he is emotionally conflicted. He is having a real difficult time releasing himself emotionally from you and the only way he can do it is to be rude or have no contact with you at all. Plus I'm sure his GF tore a strip off him so he knows he has to prove to her he has cut you off completely. I bet he's feeling like a damn fool, but in a way can't completely detach his attraction for you, so that's why he hovers around still.

I will tell you this....when a guy emotionally bonds with you, it's in no way a friendship. guys don't invest in "friendships" with women, they invest because they are sexually attracted to you.

• Like 1

Ugh, keep ignoring him. Whoever sent that text, he knew it was being sent and he didn't try to stop it or repair the damage. If I was a jerk like him and I liked you, I would have at least tried to lie to you and say someone stole my phone or my crazy ex wrote that to you. But he didn't even try to do that, so he really legit does not care.

I think you're upset because you guys were acting like more than friends. If it was truly a platonic friendship, you wouldn't be too upset. It's easy to cut a friend off. Much more difficult to cut a potential love interest off.

Be glad it's over and done with because it would have brought nothing good to your life in the long run.

Darren Steez

Cut him off. He's acting like an idiot, people always reveal their true characters in the end. He was cheating on his girlfriend and probably told her you were coming onto him.

He's a game player, it will hurt for a little bit but stop wasting time on a waster, especially when he's being cruel with the laughing bit.

Move on and live a good life. That's the best revenge. He'll never have you or your friendship.

His loss.