What do I do?

loveisdrivingmecrazy

Okay so... I've been knowing this guy for 2 years and have been dating him 1, his name is "john". John was caught "sexting" my best friend. He denied it at first and then 5 minutes later admitted after I assured him I knew it was the truth. I asked him what was up and he told me he did it to see if she was my real friend? I know it sounds unbelievable but I really don't see him having sex with her. But hey who knows? This is not his first time "sexting" other women. Somebody please give me some opinions?? I'm really tired of dealing with the BS! I love him, been through a little of bit of everything with him. He is the only man who's met my parents! I'm still with him now and we live together but it's unhealthy for me to stay because I'm becoming mean and spiteful towards him.

• Like 1
LostOnes05
Okay so... I've been knowing this guy for 2 years and have been dating him 1, his name is "john". John was caught "sexting" my best friend. He denied it at first and then 5 minutes later admitted after I assured him I knew it was the truth. I asked him what was up and he told me he did it to see if she was my real friend? I know it sounds unbelievable but I really don't see him having sex with her. But hey who knows? This is not his first time "sexting" other women. Somebody please give me some opinions?? I'm really tired of dealing with the BS! I love him, been through a little of bit of everything with him. He is the only man who's met my parents! I'm still with him now and we live together but it's unhealthy for me to stay because I'm becoming mean and spiteful towards him.

Amazing!!! He lies to you, gets caught and says it was a test of your friendship...and you believe him. He obviously doesn't hold you in high regard and probably thinks you will believe anything he says. But you love him so regardless of any evidence of cheating you'll turn a blind eye to his behavior.

My advice is to break up with him and find someone who would rather be 100% committed to you, not sexting your friend. He is pushing the boundaries to see how much you can and will put up with...then he'll push some more. Do yourself the favor and get rid of him.

• Like 2
loveisanaction

Girl, come now...you know he's lying...you wouldn't be posting this situation if you felt he was 100% telling the truth.

He tells you that he was sexting your best friend behind your back because he wanted to test her to see if she was really your true friend?...pffffff!!!

Cut this lying, cheating man loose, he has no *off limits*, best friends are no-go areas. Please do not think that he will stop messing around behind your back, he won't...he will continue to do it because he knows that after yelling and getting upset you will forgive him and take him back.

Oh!..and btw...cut your best friend loose too (she is not your friend). She has proven that if she wants any man including yours she will go after him.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

Oh, please. He is a horrible liar. He clearly has the hots for your best friend, and zero respect for you. He was sexing her to see if she would be open to his affections and bang him, not to see if she's a real friend.

You need to get rid of this guy. Immediately. It doesn't matter that he's met your parents. He doesn't care about you or the relationship if he's sending sexually provocative messages to other women, especially your best friend. He has no shame at all.

• Like 3

Letting Go of Sunk Costs

"Do you have a suit or dress in the closet that you haven't worn for years but you are reluctant to get rid of it? You say, “I can’t throw that away because I paid good money for it?” Or you have magazines and books that have been accumulating in your crowded apartment but you won’t discard them because you say, “I’ll get around to them some time when I have the time?” Or you might find yourself in a dead-end relationship but you say, “I can’t give it up because I have already put in three years and I have to make it work out”? You justify “riding a loser” or getting stuck on what you already have because you fear that walking away would mean that you wasted your time or money, you made a mistake, people will now say, “I told you so”, or you will then conclude, “I must be bad at making decisions because this one didn’t work out”. If you recognize any of this in yourself then you are suffering from commitment to sunk costs. You are trying to recover your investment by holding onto it because you cannot accept it is no longer working."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/anxiety-files/201409/letting-go-sunk-costs
  • Like 2

He doesn't care about anyone but himself, breakup with him. Pack your stuff up and leave this dirty dog of a BF.

• Like 3

You may very well think you love him but you need to do some soul searching because you pick lousy friends. Your BF was sexting your friend; I'd get both of them out of your life. Neither are loyal to you.

• Like 2