Why does he have a different number under my contact?

loopylover

My bf lives far away because of his job and we recently met up. I was just asking him to change the pic he has saved with my contact when I notice a second number saved under my contact. I have never seen that number. I told him what number is this? He seemed pretty non-chalant and said I have no idea. But he didn't delete it. I did not pursue, tbh, it did not seem suspicious either. But now that I think back he did seem annoyed that I saw his contact (which, again, may be interpreted either way). Now most of his friends there and his parents (who visit him often) know we are steady. So maybe he saved another girl's number under my name and talks to her in a way one would with his gf, maybe thats why he saved her number under my name, to avoid others' suspicion. I don't know what to do. I had not saved or memorized the number. I won't see him for 3 more months. What should I do?

Call the #.

It's probably some stupid phone error. For a few months I didn't realize that my friend's number got mixed up with a local taxi cab service I call when I have been drinking. I couldn't figure out why the cab company would be calling me. I never answered. Then I'd play my voice mail & get a message from my friend which I never understood. Finally I had my husband untangle the numbers because I couldn't figure out that part of my phone.

It was a mistake or technology challenge not a nefarious plot.

If he was cheating, he'd have it under a different name. Think about it, having you and his other lover with the same name is a recipe for disaster. It would be WAY too easy to mess up and send the wrong text to the wrong person.

It is odd that he hasn't realized and that he didn't investigate or delete it, but it doesn't seem likely that he's cheating. Unless he's an idiot.

• Like 2

He's probably got another girl saved under your name. That way when she calls and texts it appears as though he's talking to you.

He's probably got another girl saved under your name. That way when she calls and texts it appears as though he's talking to you.

So then what happens if the OW calls while OP is there? She'll know damn well that she isn't calling. Or vice versa. It's more likely that he'd have it saved under another name, like a guys name or even family member.

TBH I would be annoyed too if my so questioned me about a number on my phone. Or even eyed my phoned, pick it up or even look through it.

If you are that paranoid that you had to come here about it, you shouldn't be in a LDR with this guy.

• Like 1