How would you react if...

How would you react if you had received an anonymous e-mail with very graphic pictures of male genitalia with the following text "Husband (name of the husband)Thats what your wife (name of the wife) likes! Give this to your wife she loves to see it!

Would you assume your wife is cheating?

No, I wouldn't assume anything. It could be someone who has it in for your wife, it could be someone who has it in for you, it could be a jealous female who thinks your wife is too friendly with some guy who the jealous female has the hots for. It could be lots of things. I would immediately send a reply text with a photo of a pair of big scissors and a short message explaining that the intimation about your wife could constitute libel and it could lead to civil litigation. I would show it to your wife and give her the opportunity to perhaps explain, and also that gives you an opportunity to gauge her reaction, but not before you've checked her 'phone for the number the photo came from, (if you have the number).

• Like 2
  • Author

The person who sent the anonymous email even mention the business of the wife... and offer to tell more details but the recipient of the email ignored

ConfusedCloud

I would assume either two things, one, someone was trying to split up my marriage. Two, my wife was cheating and this man was coming clean in a rather rude way to get back at her.

Obviously since the sender of the email knew both of the husband and wife's names, they know them personally. I would be highly suspicious and demand answers. Either from the sender of the email or the wife, or both.

• Like 3
  • Author
I would assume either two things, one, someone was trying to split up my marriage. Two, my wife was cheating and this man was coming clean in a rather rude way to get back at her.

Obviously since the sender of the email knew both of the husband and wife's names, they know them personally. I would be highly suspicious and demand answers. Either from the sender of the email or the wife, or both.

The recipient of the email just ignored didn't answer at all...

well then I guess we'll never know the meaning of the email

• Like 1
whichwayisup

So you received an email then wrote back and they didn't reply?

that person is either telling the truth and is too scared to own their part in it so they've done it anonymously and hoping you'll kick your wife out and that person can step in and take your place or wants you to know because you deserve to know the truth.

You could say nothing and hire a PI.

• Author

that person is either telling the truth and is too scared to own their part in it so they've done it anonymously and hoping you'll kick your wife out and that person can step in and take your place or wants you to know because you deserve to know the truth.

no, I was not the recipient of the email...

The recipient is the one who received the email. OP said the recipient ignored the email, not the sender.

whichwayisup
The person who sent the anonymous email even mention the business of the wife... and offer to tell more details but the recipient of the email ignored

okay, my mistake, I reversed that in my head. So you sent the email? And didn't get a reply? Probably means the person doesn't want to reply and will handle it their own way, especially since it was anonymous with no name attached.

It could be that she's cheating or a very sick joke.

Many years ago, someone (male) left a message on our home answering machine - saying my mine and my H's and something along the lines of 'he hoped I'd enjoyed myself the night before as he had and would love to do it again and lets not tell John about it'

You can imagine how that went down with my husband, as he heard the message and relayed it to me over the phone. I wasn't cheating and I had no idea who or what this idiot was playing at. It was made worse by the fact that I wasn't at home the previous night (I had recently had a baby and was spending time with my parents in another city)

He asked how the person knew my name and his name. Simple - he used our names on the answer phone message " Jane and John aren't home right now"

I'm quite crime conscious and have heard that leaving your names on landline numbers is not a wise thing to do, so I guessed how the person got our names.

My only conclusion is that it was someone playing a cruel sick joke on people he didn't even know.

I ended up asking my H if he thought I'd be off cheating having had a baby in the last 2/3 months and staying at my parents. Did he think they'd be complicit in such nonsense.

So please don't believe everything people tell you. Try and do some digging. Don't just accuse based on that.

Mrs T

Sorry marische. I'm a little confused! Who was the sender and who was the recipient?

And the photos, are they actually of the husband himself....or just some random filth downloaded from the Internet?

I would probably show my spouse the email but I would never assume it would be true. Honestly, anyone who is willing to send such a cruel email can't be trusted. I wouldn't believe anything that person said and I certainly wouldn't reply.

Geeze, that sounds like something a jerky kid would do. What kid of person sends a message like that?

How would you react if you had received an anonymous e-mail with very graphic pictures of male genitalia with the following text "Husband (name of the husband)Thats what your wife (name of the wife) likes! Give this to your wife she loves to see it!

Would you assume your wife is cheating?

I agree about not ASSUMING anything.

It can be a jealous friend of yours seeking to instigate trouble or a jealous girlfriend of hers.

Or, if she is boss to underlings, it may be their immature way of attempting to cause harm to her or get even for a real or perceived slight.

Unless they send a picture of her unclothed next to him, that one photograph tells you nothing.

• Like 2
heartwhole

Women are subjected to a lot of sexual harassment and bullying via the internet. If she is in the public eye, then this might be that sort of thing. It seems like an odd way to out a lover, IMO. Why not send a picture of her naked junk? Some random man's naked junk is in no way evidence of cheating. If there were no red flags in the marriage, I'd probably dismiss it too.

• Like 2
ChickiePops
Grab the email header, get the ip and do a trace proxy.

He's already stated that he is not the recipient, and the wording of his reply makes it sound like he is the sender.

Just leave it for now and see if you receive anymore mysterious emails.

To me it sounds like a sick joke or revenge of some kind. Some people are just weirdos and get off on this kind of crap.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1
Just leave it for now and see if you receive anymore mysterious emails.

OP is not the recipient.

As pointed out above, it's more likely he is the sender, considering the way he is wording his posts and his knowledge of the contents of the email.

To me it sounds like a sick joke or revenge of some kind. Some people are just weirdos and get off on this kind of crap.

Indeed.

Lady Hamilton

Hat the risk of sounding like Angela Lansbury, allow me to answer the question you're really asking...

Because you have said you weren't the recipient, that leaves us to assume you are a friend or family member of the recipient...

Ah, but wait!

If that was the case, you'd simply ask them why they didn't reply. The only reason you couldn't ask them is if they didn't know you know about said email.

The only way you'd be in that position is if you were the sender.

So, the real question here is "I sent a picture of my Linus to the husband of the girl I'm seeing, but he didn't reply. Why not?"

The answer there is most likely because everybody's favorite friend, SPAM filter, rooted the anonymous email with attachment surely recognized as a piece of male anatomy by image software safely to the recipients Junk Folder.

Alternatively, he got the email and did with it what most people do with pictures of random people's Charlie Brown do: deleted it without opening.

So, foiled again, Ansel Adams.

• Like 4