I she jealous or playing games with me??

Hi everyone.

I need some advice about a situation right now. Basically, I work at a subway making sandwiches. My coworker (peter) and I are relatively close and we work together about 3 times a week and we know each other for around a year already. He told me early on about his relationship with his gf and what major he was doing at university... basically, just some normal convo stuff. He knows that I'm single and I feel that we very lightly flirt while working and we sometimes see each other on university campus, but nothing too serious. I think he's a cool guy and very nice and I know that he's off limits. Both of us never talked about anything inappropriate but we do sometimes text, sometimes about work schedule and school. You know...the normal stuff.

Well, a few days ago, Peter's gf, which I have never met or seen or contacted before, friend requested me on fb:eek::eek::eek::eek:. At that time, I did not know who she was, I thought she was one of those spam invites. However, I did notice that we had one mutual friend which was Peter. Nevertheless, I still ignored it becuz I didn't know who she was and I don't randomly add people. Yesterday, during work, Peter "suggested" that the both of us should study together along with his gf, since exams are coming up. I thought that was a strange invitation, because I rarely see him outside of our shift and wouldn't it be kinda weird to invite a coworker to study with him and his gf????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I told my best gf everything and she told me that it is really weird that Peter's gf would friend request me and then days later for Peter to invite me out to a "study" group. I haven't promised Peter anything yet....

So what should I do????? Am I getting played??? Is Peter playing games???? Is Peter's gf playing games with me??? Please help...:(

Space Ritual
Hi everyone.

I need some advice about a situation right now. Basically, I work at a subway making sandwiches. My coworker (peter) and I are relatively close and we work together about 3 times a week and we know each other for around a year already. He told me early on about his relationship with his gf and what major he was doing at university... basically, just some normal convo stuff. He knows that I'm single and I feel that we very lightly flirt while working and we sometimes see each other on university campus, but nothing too serious. I think he's a cool guy and very nice and I know that he's off limits. Both of us never talked about anything inappropriate but we do sometimes text, sometimes about work schedule and school. You know...the normal stuff.

Well, a few days ago, Peter's gf, which I have never met or seen or contacted before, friend requested me on fb:eek::eek::eek::eek:. At that time, I did not know who she was, I thought she was one of those spam invites. However, I did notice that we had one mutual friend which was Peter. Nevertheless, I still ignored it becuz I didn't know who she was and I don't randomly add people. Yesterday, during work, Peter "suggested" that the both of us should study together along with his gf, since exams are coming up. I thought that was a strange invitation, because I rarely see him outside of our shift and wouldn't it be kinda weird to invite a coworker to study with him and his gf????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I told my best gf everything and she told me that it is really weird that Peter's gf would friend request me and then days later for Peter to invite me out to a "study" group. I haven't promised Peter anything yet....

So what should I do????? Am I getting played??? Is Peter playing games???? Is Peter's gf playing games with me??? Please help...:(

LOL

I am going with 2 scenarios here...and as always take what you want and leave the rest.

Scenario 1:

Peter's GF may probably seen you through the window of your Sandwich Artistry Shop and when Peter casually mentioned how good looking you are and how sweet and how well you two got along, she went into jealousy mode and friend requested you so she could see if she could catch Peter and you sending sweet nothings on each other's facebook wall. In this scenario Peter may have his phone glued to his hand and she is suspicious. Just an easy way to get to the bottom of what she fears...and that is you. Peter may have more designs on you than you think. You must remember with your looks even the most milquetoast of flirtation can leave some guy with the wrong impression.

Remember how your BF last Summer and Fall had some impressions about your interaction with one of your good friends that you were in a conundrum about? It didn't turn out real well did it?

Scenario 2:

He is trying to sow the seeds of some sort of threesome in the back of his mind and maybe she is testing the waters and may be into it and just doing a little "legwork". Sounds odd I know but people have done more nefarious things. I mean sure it sounds crazy but again if Peter can pull it off getting both of you to jump his bones at the same time it's a win win for him.

In all honesty though I think scenario 1 is probably more accurate.

I imagine you get hit on a lot, and because of that any smile you ever return to a guy will give him a little bit of hope. I think Peter may have spoken a little too glowing about you in his GF's presence. Hence her wish to Friend you on FB and the invitation to the study, so he can hopefully put her mind at ease that you are not a threat.

But that in and of itself is a dead end. Do not accept the invite and keep it professional even when you are making those sandwiches. You probably have enough guys leering at you from the other side of the counter as it is...lol