Forgiveness

Heart Broken8

I'll just start from the beginning. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years. She is a devoted christian and a very hard worker with goals and ambition. But the past 3 months I've been seeing ann older rich woman. It started out with her giving me money to help me pay off some debt so me and my girlfriend can get into a home soon. Then recently she told me that if I wanted to continue to get money from her that I would have to start having sex with her. It took a while for me to do it cause my girlfriend ment the world to me, but I finally said yes. I was about to quit doing it after I started getting all my dept paid off but I was rolling in money so it was hard to resist. One day a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend came and sat by me and asked me if I was cheating and I said No. She pulled out a laptop and showed me all the sex messages me and the other lady was sending to each other. She found away to recover all of my deleted text messages and transfer them to her computer. She cried and cried and called for God and she was so hurt. I've never seen somebody (No even at a funeral) in that much pain. If I could only turn back the hands of time, because its now hurting me more than it hurts her. I've not only lost time love of my life but my best friend and it hurts bad. I pray and sometimes cry to God every night for forgiveness and to heal the both of our hearts. She has been through a lot in life. She has no family and I was her rock. I just wanted to make one suggestion before I asked my question: If any man or woman truly love somebody and meet somebody else that can take care of them please run a way; avoid cheating on your love one; because you may not get caught today or tomorrow, but you will eventually get caught. My question is can God get the both of us through this and hopefully get us back together, because I can't see myself with nobody else? Love Really Does Hurt.....

I wouldn't pin all your hopes on divine intervention. Free will, and all that. Love doesn't hurt, but betrayal does.

Your gf / ex has a choice in whether to accept your cheating or not. If she chooses to forgive you, then there's a chance you will get back together. If not, then you won't. It is her forgiveness you should be asking for, not God's.

WaitingForBardot

I just wanted to make one suggestion before I asked my question: If any man or woman truly love somebody and meet somebody else that can take care of them please run a way; avoid cheating on your love one; because you may not get caught today or tomorrow, but you will eventually get caught. My question is can God get the both of us through this and hopefully get us back together, because I can't see myself with nobody else? Love Really Does Hurt.....

This is not really the reason you shouldn't cheat!

As to what God wills, I'll leave that to more qualified posters...

• Like 1
Love Really Does Hurt.....

Love has nothing to do with it. Lust hurts... and you just learned that.

There is no way to excuse, slide to the back, hide from, or otherwise diminish cheating. It all comes down to "it's a choice". Nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of the reasons, you chose to do it. It's a character flaw...

I was married close to 20 years and I have never even had the inkling to cheat on any woman I was involved with. If someone put a gun to my head and told me to either cheat or die, I would tell them to pull the trigger.

I do feel bad for you though because it is always after the fact that the cheater realizes what they have done and what they are going to lose.

The future of this whole mess is squarely on the shoulders of the woman you cheated on. No higher power, no dice rolling, no voodoo dolls, no begging or pleading. She will have to make the decision, and you will have to anguish in the pain of not knowing where her head is at. That is your punishment.

Look deep within yourself on why you truly did what you did... make the corrections of your ship, and sail to a more honest place.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

I agree with others who've posted.

We make our own beds and then have to lie in it. I believe in Karma and she has been known to be one royal b*tch if you're not careful.

Live and learn my friend.

"I only believe in God for the Bad Stuff"

George Costanza

So now you can do all the praying you want, but it won't change the fact that you cheated, AND might I add, you had sex for money, so in essence you were committing a crime unless you live in Nevada. I am not against prostitution, I just wanted to throw that in as a bonus for you to think about.

Why did you keep all the messages anyway? That was a surefire way to get busted.

Like others said it's not the forgiveness of God you need, and if you truly feel guilty you won't try to get back together with her either.

You just did her a favour. You obviously have diferent values. She is a very devout christian while you (as much as you may claim you want God's forgiveness or say you are a believer yourself) are obviously someone who doesn't have any problem sleeping with older women for money.

In time she will realise this. She will also be a lot stronger because of what you have put her through. You are not her rock. So stop trying to get her back, stop contacting her, and let her heal. You are not doing her a favour by staying in her life.

• Like 1
Bluewhitegreen

how would you feel if your GF was a prostitute behind your back? Which essensially is what you are! You make your bed my friend. God/Jesus Bhudda whoever? You tore this girls heart from her. We all make mistakes but we should all face up to them. If she forgives you would this happen again. Something she will have to always live with. Sorry but no sympathy here.

todreaminblue

god can heal wounds caused for sure......but ...i often feel the one who causes the wound has a rougher ride......which would be you ......

you say your gf is a devoted christian.....how are you in faith......

being devoted and right with god means being celibate until marriage...having sex outside marriage is a sin without the sex by you outside of an exclusive relationship moral standing ...

if you want to be right with god and have god help you stay together...by biblical principles.....you need to stop having sex...i am not judging you.....i will say like me.....and my past...what you did was prostitution..god has a firm line on whoring....if you want to be right with god....you need to repent...i know god forgives me...even if i dont understand why he would want to...he loves me anyway even if dont love myself for what i have done in the past.... i created wounds not even intentionally.........as i said wound creators have a rougher ride................as god loves you as a sinner...god doesnt appreciate sin at all though he loves us however regardless..even ex hookers.......if you want god to bless you with a sound relationship guarded by gods love and protection..you need the sex gone from with in that relationship until you marry.,.....thats fact..thats devoted to god......deb

soleilesquire

Her forgiveness is not your job. YOUR job is true repentance. And forgiveness does NOT always mean reconciliation.

Sin has consequences.