He Facebook Friended the Woman He Cheated On Me With

The man I love cheated on me while I was out-of-town a couple of months ago. He slept with someone else. It was a one-time deal.

I love him deeply, and gave it my all to try to rebuild the relationship. Although I was shot through with betrayal, I really believed I could forgive a one-time mistake.

I discovered this morning that he recently added the woman he cheated on me with to his Facebook friends.

I thought he was supposed to be trying to re-earn and rebuild trust, not adding her on Facebook. I'm devastated and feel like a fool. I have completely ended the relationship, blocking him on Facebook and on my phone.

Onward and upward. I hope I'm not overreacting. Thanks.

• Like 7
  • Author
Damn right, this is a total red flag to any reconciliation. Do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Hahahahaha! Love the Monopoly reference! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face and a morning chuckle during a very rough time. :laugh:

• Like 1
Hahahahaha! Love the Monopoly reference! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face and a morning chuckle during a very rough time. :laugh:

You deserve to laugh because you just did what a LOT of people have no courage to do so. Leaving a WRONG partner. Sometimes, deluding yourself of "Love" will cloud your better judgement. I am so happy you didn't let your love do that to you.

I respect you, woman. Salute to the highest! #Proud

• Like 3
  • Author
You deserve to laugh because you just did what a LOT of people have no courage to do so. Leaving a WRONG partner. Sometimes, deluding yourself of "Love" will cloud your better judgement. I am so happy you didn't let your love do that to you.

I respect you, woman. Salute to the highest! #Proud

Thank you so much! I have been really doubting my decision--like I haven't been "fair" to him, like I've overreacted, etc, etc. I've needed a lot of encouragement and reinforcement that I'm NOT crazy--that adding this woman he betrayed me with as a Facebook friend is totally and completely inappropriate, and disrespectful as hell.

Thanks for the encouragement!:)

Thank you so much! I have been really doubting my decision--like I haven't been "fair" to him, like I've overreacted, etc, etc. I've needed a lot of encouragement and reinforcement that I'm NOT crazy--that adding this woman he betrayed me with as a Facebook friend is totally and completely inappropriate, and disrespectful as hell.

Thanks for the encouragement!:)

Save that love for someone who will value it :) Someone deserves it WAYYY better than your cheating ex :D

• Like 2
The man I love cheated on me while I was out-of-town a couple of months ago. He slept with someone else. It was a one-time deal.

I love him deeply, and gave it my all to try to rebuild the relationship. Although I was shot through with betrayal, I really believed I could forgive a one-time mistake.

I discovered this morning that he recently added the woman he cheated on me with to his Facebook friends.

I thought he was supposed to be trying to re-earn and rebuild trust, not adding her on Facebook. I'm devastated and feel like a fool. I have completely ended the relationship, blocking him on Facebook and on my phone.

Good for you Ranchero44!!! I bet if felt pretty liberating to actually undertake action without mulling over it. I just wish so many others that come here would be as decisive as you were. Congratulations are in order.

• Like 1
  • Author
Good for you Ranchero44!!! I bet if felt pretty liberating to actually undertake action without mulling over it. I just wish so many others that come here would be as decisive as you were. Congratulations are in order.

Thank you so much! It did feel really liberating. I felt as if a small piece of my dignity had been restored. It was a really good lesson in how losing our own self-respect and dignity is NEVER worth keeping a relationship.

• Author
You did good.

If he friended her on Social Media with all the world to see, just imagine what he does when no ones looking.

Great point. *Stomach turns* Ugh. I don't even wanna think about it . . .

• Like 1

GOOD JOB on dumping & blocking him!

what an a**hole.

keep moving forward and healing, wishing you the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
seeingthisguy

This guy sounds like a total tool bag. Leave him in the shed. Lol.