Do you think I handled this well?

I suppose this for a little bit of gratification - an ego stroke even. I'm still trying to build my confidence around hot women, and it did feel, at the time, that I must have done/said something right :cool:

I was at a club last week with one of my room mates and a friend from last year. We went outside because it was so hot and humid.

A girl comes up to me asking if I have a spare cigarette. I hand her one and we begin to speak.

Her friends kept pestering her, asking her to get back inside and stuff, but she wouldn't budge and told them she was speaking and would catch up with them.

At one point I pulled off a pick up line which works 90% of the time.

She tells me "It be nicer if you had longer hair" (I have a buzz cutt) and I said "Well to be honest I usually go for girls with longer hair" (she had shoulder length). At that point she went in for the kiss herself.

I got her number, and we've been speaking for the last few days.

Did this go well or?

How could I improve?

Well, you got her number and you've been talking...so I'd say it went well.

If you want to see her again, ask her out.

I wouldn't put much effort into that one, she pointed out something from the very beginning that she didn't like about you. This one smells of the " I can change him type". First its your hair, then its your clothes, etc...etc...etc. The better reply would have been "I prefer girls that like my short hair" and then see what her reaction would have been.

You said you prefer girls with longer hair and she went to kiss you?

You could do better by not going out with girls who kiss perfect strangers for no good reason. Assuming of course you're looking for a quality girl with whom you expect to have a long term committed relationship with.

If you're just looking for easy sex then you're doing fine.