Why do guys decide to not take girls back to their place?

pinknailpolish

My friend and I were hanging out with a group of guys the other night (we were the only girls, there were more than two guys). One of them suggested we return to his place to continue to party, and another guy quickly shot him down and suggested we stay at that location instead. Why did he do that? Was it to not give the wrong impression since usually going back to someone's place means hooking up? What type of girls do you take back to a more secluded space? Is it a good sign or bad sign?

Space Ritual

Could be a myriad of things.

Back in the 80's and Nineties when I was doing a lot of heavy drugs, continuing the party at my place was pretty common practice. I took girls back there I had intentions of getting high and having sex with, in that order. That was always why I flew solo when it came to that stuff. Did not want any male competition at my house.

Of course, if indeed there were more guys than girls in the setting then you just never know. Maybe the guy shot it down because he had a conscience and did not want something untoward to happen. Maybe the guy did not want to start a pissing match with the other guys about who was going to try to get into your drawers. I doubt anyone wanted you to come back after hours and play Canasta.

That being said, maybe this guy should be thanked for shooting the idea down.

mystikmind2005

Most likely it is a territorial thing.

The house is the other guys territory, whereas the club is neutral territory.

Maybe the place is just dirty.

Ha! This is what I thought. If someone suggests going to my house when it isn't clean I might have a reaction too lol

But I wonder if these are the kind of guys who care about that stuff.