Time the ultimate arbiter

Married for 20 years. Wife has always had esteem issues, before we were married and since. They usually manifested in flirtatious behavior, sometimes crossing the appropriate line, especially when inebriated. I tried numerous times using a multitude of approaches to allow her to realize her actions weren't very becoming. Of course I was made out to be some sort of jealous, controlling a-hole, so I completely dropped it over the last 10 years.

Given enough time, help comes from the most unexpected places. While attending a family wedding this summer, the wife partakes in some adult beverages and begins her quest for attention. The attention she got was a cold shower of comments from our teen kids who couldn't believe what they we're seeing. They were laughing at her and mimicking, which is what drew my attention as I was across the room. All night, even after we left, they kept teasing.

I think, with the most unexpected assistance, the wife MAY finally realize her behavior.

mystikmind2005

I think you will find it is not that simple.

Some things are so deeply ingrained in a persons core personality that they cannot easily change even if they wanted too. I would expect this to be the case with your wife.

The fact is, no one is perfect, just try to love your wife and her flaws :)